75060 - UCS: Slave I

kerrmando

I'm looking for a quick favour from anyone that can answer, though the requirements to do so are going to limit the number of responses...

Will a constructed 75060 fit inside a Ikea Detolf cabinet shelf?

The built dimensions in "landing position" that I found suggest 45cm x 37cm x 20cm. I know the display mode is on an angle, and the angular distance for 1 shelf is about 48cm.... I'm thinking it might just barely fit, but I haven't got anywhere else I could display it....  It would be disappointing to build it up only to find out I cant put it where I'm hoping. Anyone in a position to check for me?

I'm looking for a quick favour from anyone that can answer, though the requirements to do so are going to limit the number of responses...

The built dimensions in "landing position" that I found suggest 45cm x 37cm x 20cm. I know the display mode is on an angle, and the angular distance for 1 shelf is about 48cm.... I'm thinking it might just barely fit, but I haven't got anywhere else I could display it....  It would be disappointing to build it up only to find out I cant put it where I'm hoping. Anyone in a position to check for me?

I'll check in the morning if you haven't received a reply

1 hour ago, Zelgazra said:

Well, you're in luck because I do have an IKEA Detolf cabinet (actually, I have three of them) and I do use them to display my LEGO sets. I also have a 75060 on display at home, so I can definitely answer you that it does not fit inside. It's standing on top of my Detolf cabinet. 75060 is quite large!

Edited by Haay

5 hours ago, Haay said:

I also have a 75060 on display at home, so I can definitely answer you that it does not fit inside. It's standing on top of my Detolf cabinet. 75060 is quite large!

I second Haay, the Slave 1 will not fit inside the Detolf

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy
55 minutes ago, Nick83 said:

Received a 38S7 from LEGO Shop.

Not a good indication for a shortly retirement... 1f612.png

John Lewis in Reading had the same code.

• 2 months later...

Hows our thoughts on 75060 making it until May 4th this year? I want to pick it up before retirement, but getting it below RRP after the holidays is difficult.

Been on backorder on SAH for some time. I guess we'll have to wait until after Jan 25th to see what the stock status is?

3 minutes ago, Ascorgie said:

Hows our thoughts on 75060 making it until May 4th this year? I want to pick it up before retirement, but getting it below RRP after the holidays is difficult.

Been on backorder on SAH for some time. I guess we'll have to wait until after Jan 25th to see what the stock status is?

I've seen certain sets stay on backorder until March on S@H after the holiday rush.  You shouldn't have an issue in waiting until May 4 to get Slave 1.

2 hours ago, Ascorgie said:

I'm pretty sure Slave-1 won't get retired until end of this year. :) 

1 minute ago, Haay said:

I'm pretty sure Slave-1 won't get retired until end of this year. :) 

We will probably get it at a disount for 4th May too but they could push it out of stock so people can´t order it during the promo period and that may have been what worried the OP.

• 2 months later...

That makes sense. Thought something was weird that they still have Hoth UCS sets, but didn't have the Slave 1 anymore. Wish I could've picked up like 2 more at that price point though. Thats the first time I've ever seen it on sale.

Edited by Karl1c4

did anyone even get  Slave 1  order in yesterday at target.com? 

i had been buying 1 of these per month from target - haven't seen them in stock since end of January.

same thing with architecture capitol building which was also on sale yesterday but hasn't been in stock in months.

Edited by cladner

• 9 months later...