Bricktober Mini Modulars - 2014

KShine

I think these are winners, they're selling very well on Ebay Australia at high prices. I was planning to get a set for myself to have on my desk too but when it's about $150 for the set of 4 it makes it a very pricey little display! 

If you buy a T1 Camper or Sopwith Camel from TRU (which are already discounted) and get one of these for free, you really can't go wrong from an investment standpoint. 

I agree I have been off loading a few of these on eBay over the last couple of days (I love Uni break). Like jkaesler said it brings the price of the T1 Camper & Sopwith Camel. I have sent a couple to Hong Kong as well, maybe they haven't gotten the promotion yet?

I think this has to be my 2nd best investment "win", 1st would have to go to the $110 Haunted Houses (yes, you read write).

i tried going to Toysrus and getting a Pirate Ship Ambush with a price match to amazon for $77.94. i asked for the Bricktober and when they scanned it, it wouldn't come up as free and charged me $20. has anyone been able to price match and get their bricktober for free?

i tried going to Toysrus and getting a Pirate Ship Ambush with a price match to amazon for $77.94. i asked for the Bricktober and when they scanned it, it wouldn't come up as free and charged me $20. has anyone been able to price match and get their bricktober for free?

PM @ TRU will negate any promo. If anyone managed to get one for free with a PM then it is a YMMV

My wife and I both got one with pice matches yesterday. It rang up at $20, so the cashier had the manager come over and do an override.

for those selling the bricktober, how are you shipping them?  I noticed a lot of people had small flat rate box for their shipping option, but the box is just a bit to small to fit the set.

Surprisingly it barely fits in a USPS Priority Mail Small flat rate box. You can ship it in a more spacious box USPS First class mail for less.

I plan on selling mine as sets as long as I can get the Town Halls haven't seen them yet.

Look at your receipt it will have a refund price

I just bought the last three at my TRU $19.99 each with a series 12 CMF and free pumpkin poly bag.

Can confirm that a "Refund Price" exists on the receipt.

I honestly didn't even see it until you mentioned it Pseudoty.  At least now I know that that is.

So Pseudoty I bought 16 mixels today and got my 4th theater.

Where the refund price is $3.99 each instead of $4.99 on the mixes, is that meaning I can return all of the mixels keep the promo's and it costs me $20?

I am not sure I am up to trying that.

I did get 2 complete sets of series 2 today less 1 or 2 I need to get elsewhere.  It is becoming harder than most think and I think it will retire soon.

Some are sold out on LEGO Shop at Home as well.

• Like 1

So Pseudoty I bought 16 mixels today and got my 4th theater.

Where the refund price is $3.99 each instead of $4.99 on the mixes, is that meaning I can return all of the mixels keep the promo's and it costs me $20?

I am not sure I am up to trying that.

I did get 2 complete sets of series 2 today less 1 or 2 I need to get elsewhere.  It is becoming harder than most think and I think it will retire soon.

Some are sold out on LEGO Shop at Home as well.

When I subtracted the item refund price subtotal from the item price subtotal, I ended up with a bricktober modular set cost of $13.86..... 

If you use rewards dollars or the 25% off coupon it will change the value.

Maybe I am missing something but I am just buying the promo outright. Lady today said it can't be done I asked her to please scan it and it works. Also says limit one per week, oh well.

So if you use rewards dollars it doesn't count? Why? I am buying something at a certain amount and paying for it with a currancy they accept that I earned. To me that is the same as a gift card. But lame. Yeah, if they won't sell me these outright then I just won't have any. Not buying $75 worth of over msrp stuff at TRU for these.

So if you use rewards dollars it doesn't count? Why? I am buying something at a certain amount and paying for it with a currancy they accept that I earned. To me that is the same as a gift card. But lame. Yeah, if they won't sell me these outright then I just won't have any. Not buying $75 worth of over msrp stuff at TRU for these.

Rewards are treated as "coupons"

I don't think you can buy GC with TRU Rewards. The rewards come off the total first before any coupons so it adjusts the price of each item which would cause your total to dip below the $75 threshold for the promo, rather than being accepted as tender after the total.

I managed to complete the set of 4 today, I ended up having to get 2x Sopwith Camels and 2x T1 Campers to get there though (this is in Australia FYI).

I did initially want these for myself, but the price for the set of 4 looks to be selling for $150+ so I'll look to move these on.