Banned by Amazon

marcandre

I got banned from selling on Amazon after only selling there 5 days. I have 12 sales, RI's and polybags mostly. I still have zero feedback and zero complaints. They accused me of selling counterfeit items. I have no freaking idea what made them think that. The best part is they are holding my funds for 90 days! I appealed it but I think I'll stick to ebay even if they let me back on.

Here is some of the email. All I can do is laugh about it, just ridiculous. 

We have removed your selling privileges, canceled your listings, and placed a temporary hold on any funds in your Amazon.com seller account.

We took these actions because we believe there is a significant risk that you are offering counterfeit items on our site.

Items offered for sale on our site must be authentic. This policy prohibits offering any item that has been illegally replicated, reproduced, or manufactured. For information on this policy, search "Amazon Anti-Counterfeiting Policy" in Seller Central Help.

From what I've learned is that many people are jealous. So if they see you sell well, even after a few days, they will report you. So you will be (temporarely) out of business. To me that is the only logic explanation on this. Or Amazon went to the same banning course as lego and just bans people randomly. And the real counterfeiters go free.

• Like 1

From what I've learned is that many people are jealous. So if they see you sell well, even after a few days, they will report you. So you will be (temporarely) out of business. To me that is the only logic explanation on this. Or Amazon went to the same banning course as lego and just bans people randomly. And the real counterfeiters go free.

So in other words if you undercut someone's price they have their friend report you and by getting you suspended their price is lowest again eh? 

My guess is that this has nothing to do with anyone reporting anything. Amazon is known to temporarily suspend new sellers' accounts especially when the new seller has an influx of orders that is higher than usual the exact algorithm is a trade secret).

What amazon want is to make sure that their image is protected and that their costumers are not being dupped .. I understand that it is frustrating, unfair , and annoying to sellers but it is what it is. They most likely need proof that the products are authentic and requested documentation.

Again this is my guess till OP weighs in..

Also I wouldn't recommend shying away from Amazon due to this unfortunate case, in the bigger scheme of things this protect

sellers down the road

It is either a velocity review (standard for every Amazon account that hits certain thresholds) or a case of a buyer reporting you for having counterfeit items. That happens quite a lot and Amazon will request further documentation of the items you bought. They usually ask for invoices from the manufacturer and things of that nature. I have had a couple of buddies get reported and banned for selling certain items (even with invoices) or else totally banned from selling. I am sure it depends how many things you have, track record, risk factor, etc. I cant really tell from the email you posted, but it looks like someone reported you. They actually had to go ahead with the purchase in order to have that happen, so it could have been random or could have been a jealous competitor. It is really hard to say with so many ill-informed people actually buying on Amazon. Some of the questions I get on there are off the wall and really make me think I am dealing with the LCD on a day to day basis. Oh well, let us know how it turns out and good luck on the bay in the interim!

My guess is that this has nothing to do with anyone reporting anything. Amazon is known to temporarily suspend new sellers' accounts especially when the new seller has an influx of orders that is higher than usual the exact algorithm is a trade secret).

What amazon want is to make sure that their image is protected and that their costumers are not being dupped .. I understand that it is frustrating, unfair , and annoying to sellers but it is what it is. They most likely need proof that the products are authentic and requested documentation.

Again this is my guess till OP weighs in..

Also I wouldn't recommend shying away from Amazon due to this unfortunate case, in the bigger scheme of things this protect

sellers down the road

Amount-triggered reviews are counter-intuitive considering 25 orders requirement to allow selling during holidays...

• Like 1

I was low price on nearly everything as I wanted 25 sales plus I need to build a rep. Most of the sales were RI's so I was still killing it anyways. I'm going to send them copies of the receipts for everything including the free polys.

I have been buying lego there like crazy the past year. You would think they might consider that but probably not. 

I doubt this has anything to do with the holiday requirement. I doubt they advocate doing 25 orders just that you can sell toys for the next few months; they would rather have you sell on their platform year long. I'm still sticking to the fact that is has to do with him being new and the TYPE of item he was selling and the quantities within a certain time frame .

Also, they might have had a complaint regarding a fake from a different seller. Same thing happened with Disney Frozen merchandise. All my Frozen listings (along with other sellers) were suspended and taken down during a period where I was printing money on them. It took over 6 weeks to clear everything up .

I was low price on nearly everything as I wanted 25 sales plus I need to build a rep. Most of the sales were RI's so I was still killing it anyways. I'm going to send them copies of the receipts for everything including the free polys.

I have been buying lego there like crazy the past year. You would think they might consider that but probably not. 

Ah, so you were the Carolina Cats dude...

as long as you look both ways, you should be good ...

And where does it say you can't sell those ?

I can find it on US site only in reference to "media"

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=help_search_1-2?ie=UTF8&nodeId=201361050&qid=1409921450&sr=1-2

In any case, Amazon would explicitly mention in the ban email that the ban is due to sales promo items, so it's not it...

There is some speculation on the amz forum that Lego themselves may have inquired about me. I doubt it but it's possible I suppose. I sent amz Lego receipts, if they pass these on to Lego I could get the super double ban hammer. :cheese:

That crossed my mind too. But coldriver20 guys has 46 RIs listed, why not him?

Edited by No More Monkeys

There is some speculation on the amz forum that Lego themselves may have inquired about me. I doubt it but it's possible I suppose. I sent amz Lego receipts, if they pass these on to Lego I could get the super double ban hammer. :cheese:

I don't think Amazon will disclose that info to TLG , who in any case I doubt would even go that far.

That's some nasty stuff they got going there if they actually doing that.

I don't think Amazon will disclose that info to TLG , who in any case I doubt would even go that far.

That's some nasty stuff they got going there if they actually doing that.

Yea I don't see that either. Maybe if lego sold on there. 

Reading the amz forum it sounds like I'm screwed. Back to the bay!