Banned by Amazon

marcandre

This same thing happened to my brother a few months ago.  Same reason for banning and selling similar items to what you mentioned.  He never even received an explanation from Amazon, and never had  a chance to explain himself either.  

Honestly I just think its their way of limiting the number of sellers.   

I'll sell you my account for one million hotcakes.

I suspect this has a lot to do with you being a brand new seller selling as much volume as you did via self-fulfillment.  I would be stunned if this is due to TLG reporting only you out of the thousands of policy violations on the site pertaining specifically to lego products.  I would also be shocked if it was for selling lego promo polybags.  As I look through the amazon seller forums I have seen several complaints that sound very similar to yours.  New seller, self fulfillment, and a high frontload of sales.  Many do seem to have happy endings, others never came back for a status update.

I sold 9 RIs in 30 minutes the day the NYT article came out, however, they were all FBA.  I followed that up with another small shipment of them.  No problems.

I just started selling on amazon as well, I've only sold RI's so far.  No issues, no nasty letters from Amazon, and I received 5 star positive feedbacks from the buyers already.  I'm planning on listing more Lego today, hopefully I don't run  into this issue.

I just started selling on amazon as well, I've only sold RI's so far.  No issues, no nasty letters from Amazon, and I received 5 star positive feedbacks from the buyers already.  I'm planning on listing more Lego today, hopefully I don't run  into this issue.

Don't list any free promotional polys. Apparently it's against policy despite there being thousands on there. 

Can you point me to this policy for toys?? If it is true, I need to pull down some listings.

I only got this from the thread I posted on the amz seller forums. It may or may not be true but everyone seems to agree with it. 

polybag promos given out by the lego stores

Selling promotional or not for resale items is a big Amazon NO-NO. This could be the cause of your trouble.

I only got this from the thread I posted on the amz seller forums. It may or may not be true but everyone seems to agree with it.

polybag promos given out by the lego stores

Selling promotional or not for resale items is a big Amazon NO-NO. This could be the cause of your trouble.

I'm gonna look into it. Thanks .

Like NMM posted, I thought it only applied to media.

The 'spirit' of ban of selling promotional items seems to be that of pre-released media dispensed for critical review.  NDA agreements need to be adhered to and it would look bad on Amazon's part to be profiting from them.

As far as I know TLG has no problem with people selling their freebie polybag promos, however, display cases they do.  I could be wrong, but I haven't seen a 'Not for resale' sticker or printing on any of them.  Again, I would be shocked if this was the reason for your suspension.

Wouldn't Amazon take down ALL the listings of a promo if they received a cease letter?

I was looking at some of the customer reviews for the RI and there seems to be a lot of backlash in the comments about the price.

Nobody is forced to buy something for any price. That should hardly be a reason for anything. It would be very surprising if Amazon would have a policy ala "you are not allowed to offer an item for more than x times retail."

• Like 1

I was looking at some of the customer reviews for the RI and there seems to be a lot of backlash in the comments about the price.  Not sure if this is bringing more attention to sales.  Hope this works out for you.

Many Amazon buyers assume that they are buying from Amazon (not a 3rd party) - so they purchase the item believing they are purchasing it at no more than the retail price (which is the norm for Amazon).

Nobody is forced to buy something for any price. That should hardly be a reason for anything. It would be very surprising if Amazon would have a policy ala "you are not allowed to offer an item for more than x times retail."

Their policy is to remove 3rd party seller reviews that comment exclusively on price.  Product reviews though, they don't seem to care.

Amount-triggered reviews are counter-intuitive considering 25 orders requirement to allow selling during holidays...

From AMZN point of view, they are 2 independent requirements, both must be adhered by any new sellers. From what I gathered, both can still be achieved if you are a new seller using FBA. Not sure if this was the original intention, but the end result is more FBA users resulted in more $ for Amazon.

Just a guess since I do not sell there. However, I do know eBay also has similar (temporarily) ban for new sellers they deem growing too big too fast. Selling too many hotcakes (RIs) too fast will raise eyebrows no matter where you go if you are the new guy.

Tsk, tsk, tsk...why would you think that logic and rationality are the governing forces in the mind of the average American consumer? 

• Like 3

Tsk, tsk, tsk...why would you think that logic and rationality are the governing forces in the mind of the average American consumer? 

Logic and rationality are the governing forces of smart investors and consumers, not the average American consumer. That's why some people pay more for something that they want for their children etc. and that's what makes investors like us profit.

• Like 1

I got a response from Amazon asking for receipts for all the 'Lego Brand Toys' I had listed. I sent them the scans, hopefully it will work out.

At least they are keeping an eye out for fakes. Ebay is flooded with them.

As long as u have everything accounted for, which I'm sure you do, you should be good. It might take a while just be patient .

Good luck