LEGO Ideas/CUUSOO Entry - Avengers: Helicarrier - 22,694 pieces

exciter1

Although this would be nice, i would love to see a limited run set that was about 8000-10000 pieces and retail for 700-1000. Unfortunately this has a 99.999% chance of never happening. But it would be cool to build something of that magnitude.

Perhaps in 10 years, they'll make a special anniversary set with 7500 pieces for 500

It`s awesome, but seriously, where is the common sense? Lego would never make a set that large, I seriously doubt it. It would have to be $2000MSRP, out of most everyone`s budget, only the super collectors would plunk down that kind of cash. I`m up for a smaller version though (I see the edited 6000piece version) that`s still big, but more realistic. 

Guest brickcrazyhouse

what does everyone think the max piece count limit is for a Ideas project?  508 being the most so far in the ecto-1. my guess would be the 1000 range

what does everyone think the max piece count limit is for a Ideas project?  508 being the most so far in the ecto-1. my guess would be the 1000 range

Good question, I`d guess somewhere there would sound about right, though of course I have no idea what Lego bases their final decisions on. Smaller sets are easier sells though in mosts cases, so I`d like to think they will stick with the sub-$100 range, if they even go that high. 

I would like to see the day where a 1,000 piece Ideas set is released or when I can look back and see more original concepts than licensed properties to have been accepted as actual sets. God I hope CUUSOO/Ideas truly will become a theme for creative builders. I am more hopeful of the whole thing now more than before, that much is for certain. However there still is an uncertainty in the air as to whether custom builds will make the cut for the long haul through judgment.

Still this is a very impressive construction even if it is but a dream and oh what a dream it is.

• 2 weeks later...

22,000 bricks? Might as well request a real live Unikitty come with each LEGO Movie set because it has the exact same possibility of happening. It does look awesome though.

If you ever see anyone crowdfunding a synthetic biology project to create UniKitty, let me know.  I'm all in for at least one (two if my existing cats can tolerate the first one).  I assume we're talking about a full-fledged UniKitty that speaks perfect English and can bounce off buildings, gobbling up Micro Managers...

• 2 months later...