TRU Brick and Mortars and Exclusives

justafrog

Hey all,

My apologies if this has been addressed a hundred times before - I'm a TRU noob. ;)

I am trying to find out if TLG exclusives (modulars, Arkham Asylums, Star Wars $200-$400 sets, etc.) are carried, typically, by some or most TRU Brick and Mortar stores (not online).

I stopped by my local TRU yesterday and found nuthin'. :)

Also, does TRU.com price match, or is that only available in the physical stores?

Thanks! Remember, it's always okay to point and laugh at me if the information is staring right at me! :D

Hey all,

My apologies if this has been addressed a hundred times before - I'm a TRU noob. ;)

I am trying to find out if TLG exclusives (modulars, Arkham Asylums, Star Wars $200-$400 sets, etc.) are carried, typically, by some or most TRU Brick and Mortar stores (not online).

I stopped by my local TRU yesterday and found nuthin'. :)

Also, does TRU.com price match, or is that only available in the physical stores?

Thanks! Remember, it's always okay to point and laugh at me if the information is staring right at me! :D

Times Square, NYC... Be prepared for sticker shock though. And not sure if they PM to anyone

Regular TRU stores will PM:

http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070

you can probably print this page out on a fancy paper, board your private jet, and visit that mythical Times Square store. You may have to arrive in limo and wear designer clothes for them to consider your price match request. But maybe better if folks from NY comment on this...

Thanks all, I appreciate the info. I was hoping they might end up being another source for exclusives as I can provide our resale info to get rid of the sales tax, but looks like that's a silly notion. ;) Back to the bottom of the "occasional real sale" stack they go!

You prob already know this about TRU

At least in PA, B&M TRU stores I've dealt with require a form 1220 (PA Tax Exception Cert) to be filled out for each and every purchase.  ugh.  painful unless you have them filled out ahead of time.

I've been lucky a couple time w/ finding a return or something.  I was able to get a Grand Emporium and a Death Star using some coupons, etc.  Other than that, none of they TRU stores in my area carry exclusives.  I do remember a few years ago folks had a few Imperial Shuttles in their stores as well.

I've been lucky a couple time w/ finding a return or something.  I was able to get a Grand Emporium and a Death Star using some coupons, etc.  Other than that, none of they TRU stores in my area carry exclusives.  I do remember a few years ago folks had a few Imperial Shuttles in their stores as well.

same here. i found a 10220 T1 once.

i assume Lego has some sort of agreement with Tsrget, TRU, etc... stating they can't carry exclusives at 99% of their stores unless stick is returned.  thus B&M Lego stores have the monopoly of these sets when purchasing in-person.  

You prob already know this about TRU

At least in PA, B&M TRU stores I've dealt with require a form 1220 (PA Tax Exception Cert) to be filled out for each and every purchase.  ugh.  painful unless you have them filled out ahead of time.

Thanks for the heads up. ;) I haven't used my resale cert at TRU yet, but I'll be sure to have some of the exemption forms (different from my permit, which is all I need at Target and KMart) ready for them.

Thanks for the heads up. ;) I haven't used my resale cert at TRU yet, but I'll be sure to have some of the exemption forms (different from my permit, which is all I need at Target and KMart) ready for them.

i hear ya.  i keep extra copies in my car, work bag, wife's car, etc...  you never know when you'll need the forms or the cert.