Target Price matching

jaisonline

on the way to work today, I stopped at a super target (or whatever they are called). I saw quite a few sets on the shelves but their prices were higher than walmart (5 diffs ranging 10%-25%). so i put the sets in the cart and checked out. it was a long process (scanning the barcodes before checkout using the walmart ios app). however, all i needed to do was show the cashier each price from the phone (i did use amazon for 1 item). it did take extra time since the cashier needed to manually override many prices. i ended up picking a few sets. (copy and paste from the walmart app) LEGO Star Wars AT-RT 4440 LEGO CITY FOREST POLICE STATION x2 at $59 (haven't seen this in stores and my son really seemed to like it from reading the lego holiday catalog. LEGO Star Wars Desert Skiff LEGO Monster Fighters The Swamp Creature x2 at $5 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes Captain America Avenging Cycle x2 at $8 Also picked up the MF Crazy Scientist set for a very modest $45 and MF Were Wolf for $18. then i used the red card to pretty much offset the sales tax

Sometimes, it may be a little embarrassing holding up a line. Everyone seems to always be in a hurry. If you had extra time, you could always bring the stuff to customer service to check out and price match or bring your receipt and then have them price match. They are more familiar with the process as most cashiers may not have ever experienced price matching before.

Sometimes, it may be a little embarrassing holding up a line. Everyone seems to always be in a hurry.

If you had extra time, you could always bring the stuff to customer service to check out and price match or bring your receipt and then have them price match. They are more familiar with the process as most cashiers may not have ever experienced price matching before.

great points about cust service.

when i do this again, it will be around the same time (early in the morning). the store and empty and stocked. they had only a few other sets that i picked up for my son (aquaman, harry potter polys, and the bat / tumbler). they had a nice selection of everything but only a few of each item.

Sometimes, it may be a little embarrassing holding up a line. Everyone seems to always be in a hurry.

If you had extra time, you could always bring the stuff to customer service to check out and price match or bring your receipt and then have them price match. They are more familiar with the process as most cashiers may not have ever experienced price matching before.

Go into Target in the morning and watch them do their daily pep talk and exercises. They will be glad to help you in checking out to get out of that nonsense...LOL

This is a seriously awesome development. For a while, I was getting Batcaves on Amazon for $55. They are currently out of stock, but there are always great deals like that. I am looking forward to the next time I have some disposable income to go on a LEGO shopping spree at my local Targets!

So are they only doing price matches from Amazon.com if the product is actually in stock?

The target plymouth meeting, pa cashier didn't look too much at my phone. Just wanted to see the first item I had in the Walmart iOS app. Then I switched to the amazon app for 1 item. As the process matures, more rules will prob be enforced .

Again, I did this in the morning so everyone was pretty laid back since the store was empty.

I went to a local target today and picked up a MF Ghost Train sets for $54. However, this Target enforces a policy that other Targets do not. Showing the price and item on my iPhone are not enough. They want to see the item for themselves on a Target centric iPad or physical Ad. It only communicates to non-Target web sites using their Target.com VPN. Their results can greatly differ greatly from the Walmart iOS app. Anyway, I was able to secure 1 set since (they did me a favor) as their iPad's Walmart results showed zero available at $79. See attached pic from my phone.

Showing the price and item on my iPhone are not enough. They want to see the item for themselves on a Target centric iPad or physical Ad.

It may take a couple minutes longer to check out by having to sit through this, but I think it's a good idea. I for one really like Target, and I don't want to see this policy abused. I'm sure a lot of swindlers are thinking of good ways to abuse this, so I think Target should verify things however they need to in order to protect themselves.

It may take a couple minutes longer to check out by having to sit through this, but I think it's a good idea. I for one really like Target, and I don't want to see this policy abused. I'm sure a lot of swindlers are thinking of good ways to abuse this, so I think Target should verify things however they need to in order to protect themselves.

100% agree. Plus we do not need bad karma :)

Showing the price and item on my iPhone are not enough. They want to see the item for themselves on a Target centric iPad or physical Ad

Makes sense. Anyone could Photoshop a nice price in to a screenshot. If this is abused then it will go away and none of us want that. I for one don't mind waiting a few extra minutes for this.

Makes sense. Anyone could Photoshop a nice price in to a screenshot. If this is abused then it will go away and none of us want that. I for one don't mind waiting a few extra minutes for this.I agree. What I have been doing is scanning the UPCs in front of customer service reps so they see the Walmart app work. At least with the iOS app store admins, it would be hard to mock up an app. Granted, an "evil" person with xcode dev rights could prob create an app for illegal use.