Jump to content

10228 - Haunted House

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

  1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

    • Yes
      84
    • No
      63
    • Maybe with some modifications.
      25


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, exciter1 said:

apparently an atrium

Actually a Conservatory.  

A conservatory is a building or room having glass roofing and walls used as a greenhouse or a sunroom. If in a residence, it would typically be attached to the house on only one side. Conservatories originated in the 16th century when wealthy landowners sought to cultivate citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges that began to appear on their dinner tables brought by traders from warmer regions of the Mediterranean.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, pstebbing said:

Actually a Conservatory.  

A conservatory is a building or room having glass roofing and walls used as a greenhouse or a sunroom. If in a residence, it would typically be attached to the house on only one side. Conservatories originated in the 16th century when wealthy landowners sought to cultivate citrus fruits such as lemons and oranges that began to appear on their dinner tables brought by traders from warmer regions of the Mediterranean.

Whoopty doo, anyway, do they all have them?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, loki221978 said:

better this than a re-release of 10228?

maybe. maybe not.  what we need is a set to truly compliment 10228.  i think an Addams Family house might draw some attention away from 10228

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HH is a superb set... Wish I could go back in time...

Been thinking of buying piece after price through Bricklink. How much would this cost?

Also with the Town Hall...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HH is a superb set... Wish I could go back in time...

Been thinking of buying piece after price through Bricklink. How much would this cost?

Also with the Town Hall...

Rumor is the July refresh of the BAP walls will have sand green bricks. So you might be able to pick up a bunch (and make some subs) at a good price to BL it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, miguelze said:

 

Also with the Town Hall...

Don't bricklink a Town Hall. Buying a used set will cost the same and probably be cheaper. I did a town hall, spent over $400 and didn't get a manual plus I'm still missing a few minifigures. Didn't do enough research before diving in. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Alpinemaps said:

Rumor is the July refresh of the BAP walls will have sand green bricks. So you might be able to pick up a bunch (and make some subs) at a good price to BL it.

Oh wow! Just curious, where did you hear this rumor? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, marcandre said:

Don't bricklink a Town Hall. Buying a used set will cost the same and probably be cheaper. I did a town hall, spent over $400 and didn't get a manual plus I'm still missing a few minifigures. Didn't do enough research before diving in. 

 

In case you are in Santa Cruz, Bay Area ... town hall on craigslist for $100. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/tag/5639174902.html Posted a couple of days ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dcdfan said:

IIRC, a BP member saw them in the Lego store...

Well, if you're talking about back in March and April, yes, there were some sand green bricks at Pick-A-Brick Walls because of the Statue of Liberty Pick-A-Build. But mostly 1x1 bricks some flats and other small pieces. A few stores had 1x4 bricks. But I was wondering about this "July refresh" rumor...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, dcdfan said:

IIRC, a BP member saw them in the Lego store...

I think I saw it on Eurobricks in their PAB thread.

I know the NYC stores have had the parts lately.  And LEGOLAND California had Sand Green parts the last month or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, justapilgrim said:

none I legoland CA two weeks ago

Okay, they must be out now.  I picked up a big bag full of them when I was there last, but that was about 3-4 weeks ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Alpinemaps said:

Okay, they must be out now.  I picked up a big bag full of them when I was there last, but that was about 3-4 weeks ago.

I'm assuming you're talking about the small pieces for 3850911-1 Statue of Liberty pick-a-model? The had them in NYC when I was there in April, but only 1x1 bricks, 1x1 with side studs, 1x2 tiles, 1x2 plates, 1x4 plates, and 3 other tiny pieces. No bricks bigger than 1x1, which is what everybody wants: 1x2, 1x4, 1x6, or 1x8 bricks. Did you find any of those?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sharkfin182 said:

I'm assuming you're talking about the small pieces for 3850911-1 Statue of Liberty pick-a-model? The had them in NYC when I was there in April, but only 1x1 bricks, 1x1 with side studs, 1x2 tiles, 1x2 plates, 1x4 plates, and 3 other tiny pieces. No bricks bigger than 1x1, which is what everybody wants: 1x2, 1x4, 1x6, or 1x8 bricks. Did you find any of those?

Yes, those are the pieces, but I couldn't remember what size they had.

I'll have to dig out the supply I bought at LEGOLAND last month.  I don't remember off the top of my head right now if they had 1x2 (or bigger) bricks.  I *think* they did, but it's fuzzy right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Do some stores still allow purchase by the box like that? I heard back in the day they'd let you take an entire case of a brick type... or fill a case with a mixed batch and charge a better rate than buying 12+ large cups. Fact or Fiction? I can't imagine having that much building inventory on hand... so awesome. There's easily enough bricks in those two boxes to build half of Big Ben in sand green! :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...