10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

1 hour ago, Sharkfin182 said:

I'm assuming you're talking about the small pieces for 3850911-1 Statue of Liberty pick-a-model? The had them in NYC when I was there in April, but only 1x1 bricks, 1x1 with side studs, 1x2 tiles, 1x2 plates, 1x4 plates, and 3 other tiny pieces. No bricks bigger than 1x1, which is what everybody wants: 1x2, 1x4, 1x6, or 1x8 bricks. Did you find any of those?

I saw all those small parts but no bricks larger than 1x1. For all I know someone came in and bought them out before I saw them, but I saw them the day after they arrived so I doubt it. 

On 6/27/2016 at 11:25 AM, Derricku said:

In case you are in Santa Cruz, Bay Area ... town hall on craigslist for $100. https://sfbay.craigslist.org/scz/tag/5639174902.html Posted a couple of days ago.

On 6/27/2016 at 7:54 PM, MarleyMoose said:

How is that ad still up? Probably sold but too lazy to delete the ad.

There's something fishy about that seller. He originally listed it for $340 about a month ago. Each week after that, he lowered his price by about $50 or so. I emailed him when his asking price was a little over $200. I never heard back and now he has it listed for $100. Go figure. Phishing for emails? Is that even a scam because doesn't craigslist encode email addresses?

• 3 months later...
Guest TabbyBoy

Hallowe'en is the worst time to sell these due to competition. I get my best prices in JAN/FEB when it's still cold, dark and creepy outside. I also only sell QFLL sets just before Xmas as again, too much competition for my core sets!

• 5 months later...
37 minutes ago, Kenxxx said:

Greatest Lego set ever?

Just sold one of my last few of these today, and I gotta say, no matter what the price, I feel like I'm going to regret selling them.  I've only been in this game for about 3 years now, but still... I don't think any other set produced in the past 4 years compares to this one.  It is nearly perfect in every way.  It has great minifigs.  It is an impressive, sturdy build. It looks great from all sides. It opens up for great play features, or alternate display. It is in and of itself complete. Sure it's part of a larger collection, but even standing alone, it  doesn't really need anything else.  Even at the current $375 - $390, it is a great value for the collector. If you don't have one yet, you really should get one.  It is really one of the greatest Lego sets - maybe the greatest ever?

This is the only set that I've ever cracked and dipped into my supply to build. We opened one up a few years back to build for Halloween, and I can't argue with any of your observations. It truly is a beautiful set in every way. Putting it together and displaying it until November has become one of our family traditions every fall. I have thirteen left to sell down the road, and I'm in no hurry to move them. If any set can eventually get to $1k again in this day and age of LEGO reselling, this is it. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, terrymc4677 said:

This is the only set that I've ever cracked and dipped into my supply to build. We opened one up a few years back to build for Halloween, and I can't argue with any of your observations. It truly is a beautiful set in every way. Putting it together and displaying it until November has become one of our family traditions every fall. I have thirteen left to sell down the road, and I'm in no hurry to move them. If any set can eventually get to $1k again in this day and age of LEGO reselling, this is it. 

Yes, absolutely a great set (and more than worthy of continued growth).

Unfortunately, if that was a real possibility - a re-release would inevitably come along to stop it.☹️

Edited by KShine

Guest TabbyBoy
22 hours ago, Val-E said:

10179 UCS Falcon will get to 1k USD sooner, just in the wrong direction.

Partly correct as 10179 will reach $1K, but 10228 will be lucky to reach $666.