10228 - Haunted House

Jeff Mack

Modular or not?  

172 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consider the Haunted House a modular house?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe with some modifications.

I think so too. I'm guessing they just didn't do good at TRU is all.

Yeah probably because TRU was selling them for $300, haha just kidding. I actually never saw what they were selling the HH for. Was it the retail $180 or did they have it marked up?

Surprisingly they were selling them for under retail. I bought one 2 days ago for $169.99 plus tax.

Really?? That's strange, but I guess you never know. I found a DA at TRU for the regular retail of $149.99 just after Christmas that I'm guessing was a return. TRU is so inconsistent sometimes lol.

It could have been that price just for the day. Not sure. I bought one in Sunday morning and checked again that night and they were sold out.

This set could be the next 10188 Live Star. It is a hugely popular set and stands alone. It really doesn't need any other set to compliment it. Look out. It migh be a long time before you see this set go EOL.

Yep I completely agree with this statement. The Haunted House probably isn't going anywhere. I would hold off investing heavily in this set right now.

Nice new picture, Legodog!!! You been getting lots of snow? We are supposed to get 6-12 inches over the next 18 hours or something. Been shoveling all day since we had some testing stuff. Really heavy stuff!

I like the new avatar too!

I had a tiny bit of snow flurries around my neck of the woods for less than a day, then it warmed up a bit the next and of course it rained & stormed like cats & dogs out here. Man, those were some strong winds! Still have some at the moment.

When you factor in state sales tax you probably end up paying more. I'm still holding out for a sale on this set. No way TLG went through all the development costs to make something like this just to sell a few thousand and discontinue it. This one will be out for a few years and probably be on sale at various times just like every other Lego set. At least, that's what I'm betting on :)

Yesterday TRU web site showed all Lego sets 20 percent off on-line ($100 or more). Also, if I order on-line I pay less State tax than if I buy the Lego set in my home town - like half less in taxes. So this would be a good deal for this set. Sets are 20 percent off in store but my TRU does not carry the Haunted House in the store.

I tried it 20% last week excludes hard to find.which is haunted house. Tru ain't no fool

The 20% off only worked on certain Lego sets. I was able to get a vampyre castle for $79.99. I had to add in a small set to get over $100 though since the VC was only $99.99.

• 2 weeks later...

All you guys who want to Buy The Haunted House For Investment and plan on buying alot of them, Well I have been buying a few every month using the Amazon Reward Money points, so I haven't paid the Full Price yet, and next week I am getting 2 more at the Lego store with 2 ten percent coupons and some VIP points I have. As we have no idea how long this will be made. But anybody that can buy one or so a month should be buying them, To me its not a question of will it be a great money maker, I will be investing about $5,000 on these plus there are 2 times people will really want these thats Halloween and Christmas I am also on Universal Monsters Sites and those guys over love The Haunted House and Vampire's Castle and alot of them are buying them for there kids and self. So I think waiting to see what happens is a bad idea, if you don't have any or just one or two and the Retiring soon sign pops up then everybody will panic, and if you can't afford any at that time well you can say look's like I missed the Boat on this set. So I am buying big on the Haunted House, Vampire's Castle, and The Batman Asylum, but no hurry for this one as Lego has a 3 year License with Marvel. So just how the Harry Potter 10217 retired just as the theme retired. Now if we only knew how long the Volkswagen Camper License is for.

All you guys who want to Buy The Haunted House For Investment and plan on buying alot of them, Well I have been buying a few every month using the Amazon Reward Money points, so I haven't paid the Full Price yet, and next week I am getting 2 more at the Lego store with 2 ten percent coupons and some VIP points I have. As we have no idea how long this will be made. But anybody that can buy one or so a month should be buying them, To me its not a question of will it be a great money maker, I will be investing about $5,000 on these plus there are 2 times people will really want these thats Halloween and Christmas I am also on Universal Monsters Sites and those guys over love The Haunted House and Vampire's Castle and alot of them are buying them for there kids and self. So I think waiting to see what happens is a bad idea, if you don't have any or just one or two and the Retiring soon sign pops up then everybody will panic, and if you can't afford any at that time well you can say look's like I missed the Boat on this set. So I am buying big on the Haunted House, Vampire's Castle, and The Batman Asylum, but no hurry for this one as Lego has a 3 year License with Marvel. So just how the Harry Potter 10217 retired just as the theme retired. Now if we only knew how long the Volkswagen Camper License is for.

Do you think 10220 vw will be a winner, a big winner or a huge winner after EOL?