eBay.com Web Site Technical Questions and Answers

Last Christmas season, I was shipping my heavier packages Smart Post as it was the cheapest option. This season I’ve noticed in most cases Fedex ground is cheaper or only slightly more expensive.

This is very enlightening, because I'm fairly new at selling on eBay. I almost always use USPS Priority Mail. I usually also check shipping prices via the eBay comparison tool and almost always Priority Mail is cheapest than both Fedex and UPS. Fascinated that you all are saying that Fedex is cheapest. Are you shipping through Ebay or directly from Fedex? 

38 minutes ago, Brad W said:

This is very enlightening, because I'm fairly new at selling on eBay. I almost always use USPS Priority Mail. I usually also check shipping prices via the eBay comparison tool and almost always Priority Mail is cheapest than both Fedex and UPS. Fascinated that you all are saying that Fedex is cheapest. Are you shipping through Ebay or directly from Fedex? 

I find USPS to be the better option if it's small and light. For the bigger stuff,  no way USPS is cheaper.

Distance also makes a huge difference for me, not just size/weight.  Also, USPS seems to have really upped their extra charges for large dimensions where FedEx is fairly cheap.

44 minutes ago, Brad W said:

I purchased my label from multiple places, ebay, paypal, stamps, a private label provider, depending on the price. Never purchased a label from either usps or fedex store.

10 minutes ago, NIevo said:

Distance also makes a huge difference for me, not just size/weight.  Also, USPS seems to have really upped their extra charges for large dimensions where FedEx is fairly cheap.

Hmmm, ok. Thx for the info. I will have to look at it a bit closer the next time I sell something. 

16 minutes ago, Brystheguy said:

I find USPS to be the better option if it's small and light. For the bigger stuff,  no way USPS is cheaper.

It depends where you are shipping to, also. There are so many variables (locations, sizes, weights) that making a statement for your location may not apply to all locations or situations.

Just FYI, Fedex Ground rates are now lower on eBay, even lower than SmartPost and USPS for me.  Of course they still do the bill at the end of the month thing on eBay so it will be a bit different than USPS.

You east/west coasters may want to check this out when shipping coast to coast

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

Just FYI, Fedex Ground rates are now lower on eBay, even lower than SmartPost and USPS for me.  Of course they still do the bill at the end of the month thing on eBay so it will be a bit different than USPS.

You east/west coasters may want to check this out when shipping coast to coast

I've used Fedex through eBay for 90% of my large items for a while.  Even before this they were usually cheaper but now it's pretty significant.

• Like 1