Friends 2015

TheDarkness

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Some of the 2015 Friends sets are out at Toys R Us in the Minneapolis area.  I picked up a Grand Hotel this morning via TRUTH (very limited supply, I got 1 of 2).  Also bought a Private Jet.  Saw the Pop Star Show Stage, Pop Star Tour Bus, and Heartlake City Airport, in addition to some new smaller sets.

One store over the phone told me they weren't supposed to go onto the shelf until August 1, which is what LEGO Shop at Home says also.  But two TRU in the area had them on full display today, luckily just in time to pay well under retail on day #1. 

The Grand Hotel looks flippin' sweet.  My daughters will have one someday.

Out of principle, I won't be buying them any Pop Star stuff.  We get enough "how cool is it to be a celebrity" ram-rodded down our throat as it is in America.  Unfortunate to see Lego jumping on.

• Like 6

• 4 weeks later...
46 minutes ago, Haay said:

It's a 2015 set without a separate topic, so I'm posting it here. I'm really curious why LEGO Friends 41085: Vet Clinic is doing so well. What's so special about this set that it's now going for €50 or more on eBay (Europe) ?

You answered your own question

46 minutes ago, Haay said:

It's a 2015 set without a separate topic

When the masses are saying a set is a "can't lose" they get hoarded by both members here, and tons of guests reading here attempting to make a quick buck. Those that get mentioned very little often have much less competition. Nothing I love more than a set going end of life that isn't talked about at all... good or bad. I also have made good money on sets that are panned by the masses like Palpatine's Arrest.

• Thanks 1