1. 1. Do you like the sets?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends
  2. 2. Are they a good investment?

• Yes
    • No
    • Depends

As Pseudoty said. $113.40 was the final.  New newbie mistake of combining the percentages rather than one after the other.  The 30% did work.  Cashier didn't even bat an eye.  I looked and there is nothing on there about Lego, just applies to anything in "Toys".

The box was pretty banged up.  I went to a further out store and this was the last one.  Seal code is 31M1.  Here are shots.

21010_001>14965812142_e206e45bbd_n.jpg

21010_003>14779466819_262acc6363_n.jpg

21010_004>14779465959_c30cdbf33c_n.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

I recall a couple members finding some to plenty of these Architecture sets at their Target (typically around the puzzles if I am correct). Well, it seems now my Target are carrying a few of the old ones around within their great wall of board games. I saw the White House, Empire State Building, Seattle Sonic Needle, Big Ben, and a spot for the Willis Tower (sold out). I didn't buy any but still it was neat seeing those little builds in their fancy boxes sitting there on the shelf of my Target which I really never thought would come to pass honestly.

• Like 1

I recall a couple members finding some to plenty of these Architecture sets at their Target (typically around the puzzles if I am correct). Well, it seems now my Target are carrying a few of the old ones around within their great wall of board games. I saw the White House, Empire State Building, Seattle Sonic Needle, Big Ben, and a spot for the Willis Tower (sold out). I didn't buy any but still it was neat seeing those little builds in their fancy boxes sitting there on the shelf of my Target which I really never thought would come to pass honestly.

The Targets in my area still don't carry any of the Architecture sets. The only time I saw an Architecture set was the 21011 Brandenburg Gate in the Lego aisle. It was most likely a return from an online order. Other than that, no Architecture sets for me in-store.

I myself was not a fan of the serie. Though, I have to admit I had great returns on the 21016s that i' ve sold in the past year. Set was not available everywhere (tru exclusive in Italy) but we also have to admit it is not an iconic landmark to general public. For this reason i'm confident on good returns from some iconic landmark IF you get them at a good price (empire state building as an example)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Brickpicker mobile app

My Target is horrible for Legos. They only have the newest sets and they are always full price. They don't have architecture. I saw a Dolphin Cruiser for like $4 off. I kind of just never consider Target anymore for Lego investing since I am not into paying full MSRP or more for items that can be found all over for way way way cheaper. I do like going through their polybags at checkout though. When I go to Target for other things, 75% of the time I don't even bother checking the Legos. Why waste my time? I know exactly what it is going to be. Full price Star Wars, Chima and Super Heros sets that I care nothing about.

Nice set...2000+ pieces, the largest of the Architecture series I believe. Large sets always do well when they are discontinued. The Architecture sets are very unique and classy and will appreciate nicely after they are discontinued IMO. To me, the are kind of a 'niche' theme, but they are attractive to the older Lego fans and they are the ones with the money.

Wold this be your recommended set choice within the architecture theme? Or what would be your top 3 picks? 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Having only recently emerged from the Dark Ages, I can't speak from experience, but I do like the Architecture sets both for their uniqueness and stylish presentation. It's something you could give to a non-Lego fan (adult or teen), w/o raising any eyebrows. These are not "toys" but anyone who builds one will find themselves having fun in spite of themselves. The ol' inner child exists in all of us (even me at 64, ha ha). These sets cut through the barriers we've erected and allow us to find him/her. They're also great for bridging generations--found myself comparing build notes with an 11-yr old grand niece this Christmas.

She loved the U.****** Building, btw :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Hi, everyone.  Is there a standard time that these sets are usually out for?  From what I have read and sets that I have looked up, it doesn't look like it.  It seems like some sets are out for a year or two and then some other sets are around for 5+ years.  I looked through the 8 pages for this topic and I didn't see any questions like the one I'm asking, so I do apologize if it has been answered.  I must have overlooked it.  

I never really looked into the Architecture line, but every since I bought Trevi Fountain and Brandenburg Gate at a discount I am looking at the line more closely.  The sets look great.  Some of the sets have a high price per piece.  I like the Space Needle but the PPP is outrageous.  I do have a feeling once it's gone it still may be profitable.  Am I wrong?

• 4 months later...

I was a little shocked to browse through Amazon lately.  I was hoping to take advantage of some prime deals, if they happen, but from what I see, a lot of sets have gone OOS recently.  Big Ben, White House, Villa Savoye, & Imperial Hotel are now in the hands of the secondary market.  It will be interesting to see if any of those sets get restocked.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Does anybody think the architecture sets are a good investment. I just managed to pick up the Effiel Tiwer Lincoln Memorial and  Trevine Fountain for just over £56 on Amazon. Normal price on lego shop is £95 for the 3.

I can't see them going to crazy myself but nearly a £40 saving was to tempting to let turn down

Does anybody think the architecture sets are a good investment. I just managed to pick up the Effiel Tiwer Lincoln Memorial and  Trevine Fountain for just over £56 on Amazon. Normal price on lego shop is £95 for the 3.

I can't see them going to crazy myself but nearly a £40 saving was to tempting to let turn down

they do very well in the U.S., results in Europe have been...mixed.

Lincoln Memorial and Trevi could be around for a few more years. Returns on small sets like Lincoln and Eiffel won't be much to write home about. Trevi is a money doubler at that price, but you'll need patience.

• Like 1