minecraft available again on amazon

Doofy McGee

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

great question...basically, you add one to your cart. Then you go to "edit cart" and add 999 (or some other large three digit number.) It will tell you how many are available if it is less than the number you entered. Presto! You just learned a great little trick for monitoring Amazon inventory! :)

great question...basically, you add one to your cart. Then you go to "edit cart" and add 999 (or some other large three digit number.) It will tell you how many are available if it is less than the number you entered. Presto! You just learned a great little trick for monitoring Amazon inventory! :)

Awesome, thanks.

As a quick side note, I just joined this site a week ago and the people on here are some of the kindest bloggers I've met. The quick and thorough response to the question I just asked is an example.

Thanks again creators and members of brickpicker!!

Good question Jeff. This might become a frustrating set for a while. But I still believe that it is going to be far less produced than your average set. Once they do finally stop making it, the price should go up. It has that "exclusive" feel to it. Any set that can burn through 500+ units in under an hour has got to be worth something. Right? Lol. Fingers crossed.

Very curious.. I came here to see this thread (of course I'm too late ;) ) but I see that it says more in stock January 11. It seem to be offering me button to add it in cart, but it keep saying it's no longer available from seller. This is on the "primary" Prime account (my wife's email). I logged out and got onto "attached" account (my own email), and I was able to add Minecraft and ordered it! Estimated delivery January 16.. so hopefully they're actually able to do it. I then returned to the primary Prime account (my wife's account) and still am unable. Wonder why it lets one account order it, and not the other? The product ID, URL, etc is identical. Doesn't make sense.

My question is, are these sets really that valuable anymore? If they keep pumping them out, will people care as much? I see people buying them in the $50 range now. When will LEGO stop making the darn things???!!!!

You would think at some point they won't be much more valuable then the 35 bucks they sell for. Third party seller prices used to be around $100, now they're down in the $50-60 range. One can still make a little money on them, but they're definitely not the triple profit flip they were awhile back. After the 2 I just ordered tonight I probably won't get anymore because I think as far as a quick turn around profit, it will be wayyy to risky since so many people have caught on to this Minecraft craze.

If they do stop making them and it's the only Minecraft set then i'm sure it will go up based on Minecraft's popularity.

Agreed. Until they re-issue this set like this another half a dozen times, I am going to keep viewing it as an investment winner. Maybe I am small time, but I don't mind making a $20 profit per set if that's all it comes out to be. That's $20 more bucks to reinvest.

Agreed. Until they re-issue this set like this another half a dozen times, I am going to keep viewing it as an investment winner. Maybe I am small time, but I don't mind making a $20 profit per set if that's all it comes out to be. That's $20 more bucks to reinvest.

Exactly, flip a few of these and use the profit for a nice $50-70 Lego set ;)

I'll take my chances. It was on two different Amazon accounts anyway and we buy *a lot* from Amazon (hundreds of orders in a year), so we'll probably get a slap on wrist if it comes to that. :) (no, I don't plan to sell on Amazon either) Edit: Where are you seeing that it's limited to 1 per account anyway? I remember seeing it (it was probably mentioned in this thread), but I don't see that mentioned anywhere on Amazon at least when I checked now? I also seem to be able to add another Minecraft (3rd one) into cart - which makes it 2nd for an account, the checkout button was available, but I backed out anyway. Edit 2: only 55 in stock now when I checked, if anyone is still looking for a Minecraft. Edit 3: 21 left now - it's going to be gone again in a matter of minutes.

If you don't sell or plan on selling on Amazon, then you probably have no worry as you can simply create new accounts. But, for some sellers, selling on Amazon is their livelyhood and I'd hate for someone to get the boot for ordering multiple $35 items. To see the limit, you can simply add 999 to your cart and then attempt to check out. Once you attempt to check out, it will spit out the limit and the following error: We're sorry. This item has limited purchase quantity. We have changed your purchase quantity to the maximum allowable. Years ago, Amazon had no limit on anything. Then resellers started checking inventory on hot items and bought all the stock to come around and flip it at a higher price. Then you have the eBayers who used Prime to drop ship to people. That caused Amazon to be reactive and set limits. For most decent selling items, you'll probably see limits of 3 or 5. For extremely hot items, its typical limit is 1 or 2.