Smyths toys UK - 20% off everything - in store only

abri123

Hi, Many in UK may already be aware, but for those of you that are not - Smyths toys have 20% off everything until Monday.

It is an instore only deal - not active online.

They stock the SSD, Sandcrawler, Simpsons house, Sea Cow etc etc all at retail so for 20% off these, you know what to do.

Guest TabbyBoy

In the Stockton store now. Everything is up to full retail, which it normally isn't. There's 3 SSD on the shelf but don't know if I can afford SSD's at the moment.

I'd beg/steal/borrow what I needed to buy them if the boxes are good.  Double-bubble next year I think.  However, they'll probably be gone by now.

I loved the Smyths sale. Visited the Slough branch on Friday evening with a friend, and we were both treated like kings. Staff swarming around us like flies, climbing ladders to get the boxes, checking each box for any imperfections, and climbing back up the ladders to put the crap boxes back. We arrived 15mins before close, and they stayed open for us..even the manager came out to the shop front and said thanks so much for buying all the big sets! Makes a big change from Toys R us, Argos, John Lewis etc, when people ask you why you are buying multiple sets, and turn their noses up at you when you tell them...as if it affects their wages! Us buying products from their stores is what keeps them in a job. They should remember it! The staff at Symths in Slough certainly know what side their bread is buttered! No SSDs in Slough, but plenty of other goodies. The prices on the large sets we bought were all normal retail...so the 20% off was very handy IMO.

I visited Maidstone on the Sunday, as i figured what with Tabbyboy being a Reading resident, there wouldnt be much point hitting that store! The staff at Maidstone had a combined brain of one very thick person. They struggled to count the money up, and put the boxes into carrier bags. Not the best place to go shopping. Some of their boxes looked as if they had been kicked around the store room like footballs....maybe they had....a thick person could easily mistake a death star for a ball! ;)

Here is a list of what we picked up from the two stores..

6 Simpsons Houses

6 Death Stars

8 Arkham Asylums

4 Pet Shops

5 Ewok Villages

Guest TabbyBoy

Nice haul, Wilesto. I never realised there was a branch in Slough as I pass it on the M4 most days when I work at Heathrow. I've not spent in a while but, will keep an eye on Smyths if I decide to buy large sets again.

I'm taking time out so, you don't have to worry..... Yet ;-)

Haha nice! I think I will need to take some time out soon, after that spend! It comes hot on the heels of taking the last 2 HHs and the last 2 GEs from Westfield White City. The store manager said thats the lot....no more to come back in....but it seems weird to retire a Haunted House set before Halloween. Lets see what happens....

I am not based in London but often pop into Westfield to have a look around. I've noticed that when i buy more than the average customer they do exchange glances the customer service. Never been asked a question, not that I care as its not their business. But they could definitely be more cheerful...

I bought the first DS this weekend from Smyths as we all know this is the trickiest set to predict when it goest EOL. Then two millenium falcons and several micro fighters to have fun with. A nice perk was the 11 polybags that came with these two purchases. Any idea on those brown c3po minifigs btw?

I am looking forward to shop from Smyths toys again, great experience...