Argos 3 for 2 on toys starts today!

mickyT88

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about that too! The MF is already overdue for retirement, but the Star Destroyer and AT-AT are 2014 sets and quite new and even if they make some not-so-bad profit in the future, you still have to keep them for an average of 2-3 years because I can't see TLG retiring them right before Episode VII.

Guest TabbyBoy

Argos called me on my mobile to question my reservation in case it was a mistake, hardly surprising.  In fact, I'm now getting just 9 of each Minecraft set to collect at Reading (2 branches), Leatherhead and Reigate.  No big deal as I'm driving near them tomorrow anyway.  Reading has 3x R2-D2 available at time of typing but, I have enough already.  Last year I sold the 3 Minecraft sets at double-bubble and expect to get

In the end I ended up with 0 (yes, zero) sets from Argos.  As I started collecting what I reserved, every damn box at the Leatherhead branch was either damaged or had lots of retailer labels stuck on them so rejected on the spot!  That pissed me off so much that I didn't bother going to the other 3 stores to pick up the other reserved sets.  I'm getting pig sick of Argos handing out what appears to be customer returns or just attaching unremoveable "stocktake" labels willynilly.

This means that I've not actually bought a set in months so I'll see if I can last out until the end of the year with the exception of the occasional Pet Shop or M3E.

Sorry to hear that! I had similar experience with the cargo plane that came as a third item. it had a hole in the box. I was lucky enough that the shop back in my town had one, so on the way home i replaced the damaged box. if there wasnt one available, i would have insisted on the 10% discount. They're terrible for handling goods!

My first three R"D2's from two shops (not one Argos had 3) were minty mint but the 2nd set of three, also from two different Argos's, all had some kind of damage but I can live with some box crease. I'll sell them in a couple of years time as BNIB with a few storage creases. Should not be too bad maybe get 20 quid or so under mint price.

I also agree that most of the staff in Argos  don't give a crap how they handle the merchandise. You know the saying, pay peanuts you get monkeys.

The staff are just loving their walkie talkie headsets they have. I think they all think they are pilots or secret service. Don't mean to be rude, just an observation while standing around a lot waiting on dispatch.

I also agree that most of the staff in Argos  don't give a crap how they handle the merchandise. You know the saying, pay peanuts you get monkeys.

This is what worries me about eBay's latest brilliant idea of managed returns handled by Argos............. Like you said they don't even look after there own stock!

Also it looks like at least some stock has been replenished, the store i picked up from was out of R2's on Monday. 

The replenished stock will most likely be store returns. I have swapped out four of my R2D2's to different stores. Any returns will have had the seals cut and have had the contents checked. 

Thanks for the tip feed!!!! Unfortunately the stores near me have all run out of R2D2s and X Wings, I am part responsible for this I know ..but I can hardly benefit from that extra 20% off:(

I covered most of the south coast Saturday and Sunday collecting the majority of the R2D2's, can safely say that if it retires tomorrow I feel I'm sorted for this set.

Guest TabbyBoy

I spent my allocated stash at LEGO Shop at Home yesterday morning.  The Argos branch near where I work in Leatherhead is chokka at lunchtimes and I can't be bothered esp. if the boxes are beaten up and covered in stickers.  I don't care what anyone says, the typical buyer will ding you hard for the slightest dent or tear in the box.  With me it's 100% perfection or -50%.

Yeah Argos box condition is real hit and miss. I've swapped a total of four R2D2's over the last couple of days. It's a hassle travelling to different stores but I'm done now, they're going in the loft. Must say Argos 3 for 2 deals throw out some good bargains but damn is it hassle! Multiple stores, returns and the ball ache of waiting around in crowded stores. Think I'm done with Argos now, online transactions are so much easier.

• 1 month later...

3 for 2 back on again today, finishes on the 11th I think. Loading up on 41055 personally. Already 20% off and 3 for 2 makes it an easy xmas flip.

I know I said I'm not going to participate in Argos 3 for 2 deals anymore, but I got in early and bagged some good stock. I preordered 15 of the Castles yesterday morning, going to pick them all up shortly.

Guest TabbyBoy

I decided to stay away from Argos in the instance as the R2-D2 isn't available near me and nothing else floats my boat right now.  More for you lot go get your grubby mitts on then! ;-)

Edited by TabbyBoy

Guest TabbyBoy

I've just had another look and these highlights are in stock right now if you buy in multiples of 3 for those that want to reserve for collection or even risk delivery:

41015 Friends Dolphin Cruiser -