60008 - Museum Break-in

Ciglione

What are people's thoughs on this one? I expect it to retire soon. I personally like this set. Will it do good EOL?

I think it will be a slow gainer, but should show some growth. It has been regularly and heavily discounted (at least in my area) so I think for investment purposes you have to get a decent sale, otherwise you won't be able to compete with those that got them on clearance.

• Like 1

What are people's thoughs on this one? I expect it to retire soon. I personally like this set. Will it do good EOL?

Not sure if it will retire that soon, but in any case I also like the set.

It's the first museum that I know of and that alone makes it unique.

Anyhow, as they need to come up with new ideas for the modulars and also there have been cuusoo ideas about a museum that I've seen, I do not think that this will be the last we've seen of a museum from LEGO.

I really like the fact that they've made a "canvas" of "The LEGO with the pearl earring" and though the cars are small the are a nice addon to the set.

But if you ask me I would have prefered a bigger museum, I mean common... it's looks like a small pavillon ;-)

So all in all this one sure is worth a try but I wouldn't dare to predict too much regarding this set.

If you get them at a discount I guess you can buy 5-10 and worst case scenario would be to resell them for about the retail price.

Still there might be a lot of potential, since this is not your everyday set when it comes to investing (and up until now it is unique).

(Did I mention that I really like the minifigures? ;-))

I managed to buy this from Target at close to 32% off I think by pricematching with Amazon. I really want to build it but need to make room and time to do so. In any case I love it and would think aside from the overall uniqueness that having a light brick included helps support desirability too.

The sets with a lightbrick in general also score well. It was a deciding factor for me to buy some of those but indeed, I also look forward of building it

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I want this set to retire more than any other right now, lol. Classic case of spending money on something small when I should have probably put it in exclusives. I have like 10 of these but all were at a $33-$35 price point, so even a slight gain after retirement I'll be happy. I like the set a bit, but doesn't seem to broadly popular. I'm just a sucker for that A-team looking van.

• Like 2

I want this set to retire more than any other right now, lol. Classic case of spending money on something small when I should have probably put it in exclusives. I have like 10 of these but all were at a $33-$35 price point, so even a slight gain after retirement I'll be happy. I like the set a bit, but doesn't seem to broadly popular. I'm just a sucker for that A-team looking van.

Me too!

This is the only City set that I want and I don't have any.  I keep on trying to find them discounted and when I do they are sold out.

We are in the same boat than.

Sounds like a little trade may be in order. :-) Ciglione, I need one of my German co-workers to bring some back for you, haha.

If the price is right we can maybe do business. Just pm me.

Seems like we start becoming smugglers. Soon we will have a new prohibition on our hands!  

• 3 weeks later...