Mega Bloks - general discussion

Brick Babe

On 6/5/2017 at 2:07 PM, Val-E said:

Good to see that Megabloks quality control is as good as ever.

To be fair the smaller Star Trek sets I picked up had no missing pieces.  Some of the printed pieces were a bit marred up.  Can't really complain though getting most of them at 50-70% off RRP.  And to repeat, the pieces are printed.  Lego would have given us three bent up sticker sheets.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎5‎/‎5‎/‎2017 at 11:53 PM, Mathew said:

Finished it tonight.  A load of extra pieces which made me a little concerned that I missed a step or two.  However even with all the extra pieces I was still missing two 1x4 plates which I made due by replacing them with Lego branded parts.  Overall the end model is quite stunning in it's sheer size.  Part of me wants to cover up some studs on the saucer section but it's a building block model and and not a studio model.  The Warp Nacelles are my favorite part of the model.  Wish there was a way to keep them lit up for more than a few seconds.  

Cool photo.  Awesome set.

• 1 month later...
On ‎7‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 10:53 AM, Alpinemaps said:

Found the Technodrome on clearance at TRU yesterday for $149.

I think we've seen better pricing, but if you haven't picked this up yet and you want it, with some TRUTH, and discounted coupons you can bring the price down nicely.

They had BOGO Free a few weeks ago, so that was a good time to buy.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On ‎11‎/‎21‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, exracer327 said:

I'm not sure if this is the best place to post or what this means to the mega blocks' community, but it appears that a dedicated mega blocks forum site is shutting down as of Dec. 1, 2017.

I honestly did not know the Mega Bloks brand had an official forum or close to one as this seems more along the lines how Eurobricks to LEGO is. A shame seeing the site go down from what I can tell was Hyperboards decision though truthfully I don't think anyone uses or has used their service in the past few years. (Their last post on Twitter dates back to 2014.) In any case, hopefully the Mega Bloks forum administrators can find a better hosting service and transfer the data over.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest TabbyBoy
17 minutes ago, Armor said:

I would kill to unload the 3 I have currently. I know I will probably not get my money back on these. 

List them on eBay for a 1c start and let the market decide the selling price. I do this with all items that have little or no chance of profit any time soon. Sometimes they do a lot better than I expect. As long as you can accept a small loss, I'd say go for it - it'll make you feel better ;-)

• 1 month later...
On 12/7/2017 at 10:00 AM, CosmicSpeed said:

Any thoughts on the Mega Construx Pokemon line? They are just releasing the second wave of them. Nice printed pieces and the models don't look half bad. Also, these typically are available for discount through TRU or Target. 

Look good. Maybe a chance for investment, since nobody is talking about it.