Mega Bloks - general discussion

Brick Babe

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I buy the big Halo sets and most of the time they are only made for one year, give or take. Same for the big Call of Duty sets So if the Enterprise is done thats good news, but Toys R US still have plenty.So lets see how long Toys r us keeps selling these. The Ninja Turtles $250 Dome was a Toys R Us Exclusive,

6 minutes ago, emazers said:

I buy the big Halo sets and most of the time they are only made for one year, give or take. Same for the big Call of Duty sets So if the Enterprise is done thats good news, but Toys R US still have plenty.So lets see how long Toys r us keeps selling these. The Ninja Turtles $250 Dome was a Toys R Us Exclusive,

My Toys R Us has received zero "0" Star Trek Enterprises.

If I remember from someone's review (Jang?), there are some elements that are unique to MegaBloks.  I'm sure it can be done, but it's definitely not a one-to-one block (blok?) comparison.

I'm more than half way done with mine and I can tell you it would be extremely difficult to duplicate with a lego pieces. They have a lot of pieces that don't exist in Lego and there have to be more than 50-60 printed pieces. The two arms that support the nacelles is one piece so you would have to figure out how to reproduce that and make it strong enough to support the weight. It would be a monumental task. Oh yeah, I think I'm missing a couple of pieces too.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Boy, am I glad I sell Lego and not Megabloks. That Star Trek Enterprise set was a complete turd, not a single view or bite on any platform in almost a month even at 30% below RRP and with no major shops stocking it. Eventually exchanged it for 2 IST´s.

Certainly puts into perspective how even turdy Lego sets can sell quickly if the price is low, but with these things you have no chance.

Edited by Val-E

15 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Boy, am I glad I sell Lego and not Megabloks. That Star Trek Enterprise set was a complete turd, not a single view or bite on any platform in almost a month even at 30% below RRP and with no major shops stocking it. Eventually exchanged it for 2 IST´s.

Certainly puts into perspective how even turdy Lego sets can sell quickly if the price is low, but with these things you have no chance.

Don't be a hater.  

11 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

Don't be a hater.  

Not my fault there is 0 demand for these sets. People do want Lego sets or fake versions Lego sets but not non Lego building blocks. Even Ebay.es doesn´t have a category to list them under, unless "giant doorstops" counts.

Mattel would not have retired it if it had sold like a 10188, I guess. I mean it must have cost a fair bit to design and develop it yet it had the life of an Ideas set.

Edited by Val-E

4 minutes ago, Val-E said:

Not my fault there is 0 demand for these sets. People do want Lego sets or fake versions Lego sets but not non Lego building blocks. Even Ebay.es doesn´t have a category to list them under, unless "giant doorstops" counts.

Mattel would not have retired it if it had sold like a 10188, I guess. I mean it must have cost a fair bit to design and develop it yet it had the life of an Ideas set.

Give it a couple of years and those Enterprises I bought at $100 will be triple that.  Just sayin...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, pete411 said:

But you'll get half of them returned due to defects and missing pieces. I don't think they're worth the trouble.

That was my feeling too and they are big bad boys to store. Plus the sides can be easily opened and shut without breaking any seals so the potential to be scammed is high.

I had high hopes for this set at more than 60% off RRP but sometimes you have to cut the dead wood before it falls on you.

Not even 1 lowball offer or attempt at a scam. It´s like trying to find a buyer who collects Hyundais or Infinitis. There will be one or two but it´s way easier when you work with Mercedes or BMW (Lego).

Edited by Val-E

9 minutes ago, waddamon said:

My mega bloks mammoth made good money.  These will as well.  Full disclosure in listings and a link to mega bloks.  I have 10 of them, worth the risk in my opinion.  Star trek is a huge brand.

I am way too ignorant about the MB brand to take a long term risk on it. Star Trek is a huge brand, Mega Crocks isn´t in Europe.

Edited by Val-E