City 2015

TheOrcKing

To be (about) appropriate in size, houses would have to be bigger than those vehicules, also meaning more difficult to build because of the details (roof structure, etc.).

I think that's the reason why houses can mostly be found in the 3 in 1 creator theme (for older kids), not in city sets (expect for big and simple builds like the police station, the fire brigade, the garage, and some tiny houses, nearly the size of a shack, with only 2 or 3 walls and 1 one half-roof).

I actually like how those 3 in 1 creator buildings, they help adding quality to City scenarios without breaking the style too much, like modular buildings. But what about things like an airport, harbor, post office, hospital, shopping center, bank, convenience stores, department stores, restaurants, apartment blocks, I could go on forever.

The 60050 train station is a great example of how I like City buildings to be. Looks good, has many nice details, yet easy enough to build to fit the City label.

I actually like how those 3 in 1 creator buildings, they help adding quality to City scenarios without breaking the style too much, like modular buildings. But what about things like an airport, harbor, post office, hospital, shopping center, bank, convenience stores, department stores, restaurants, apartment blocks, I could go on forever.

The 60050 train station is a great example of how I like City buildings to be. Looks good, has many nice details, yet easy enough to build to fit the City label.

I own several Creator houses for this reason, because they DO fit into the City scheme.  Well enough at least.  City has given us airports and harbors relatively recently, but never a true hospital which I would think would be a home run if done like the countless police stations and not that little clinic they gave us.

• Like 2

I hear ya, but I'm not expecting minifigure scale buildings, just a building.  It's been how many years since the last gas station?  What about a proper bank, post office, fast food restaurant you could customize to be different franchises?  The possibilities are endless.   I'm sure the problem is buildings like this are not attractive to kids and are not good sellers except to those that want a Lego city.  Kids like cars and trucks and Lego will have a non-stop supply of them.

I think its totally true that kids prefer vehicles. But from my experience, the most desirable items for kids are the bigger buildings (police and fire station, or things like the 4204 mine) that come along with a whole bunch of vehicles. And what we know from the 2015 line up so far seems to be even more vehicle heavy than it used to be, there's basically no building at all (except those small hideouts).

Here is a Brickset review for 60073 Service Truck (it has a port-a-potty!) and a list of more City sets! ....Holy crap, just how much are they releasing this year?! :frantics: Good grief, talk about going for broke.

• 60077 - Astronaut Starter Set
  • 60078 - Landing Craft
  • 60079 - Shuttle Transport
  • 60080 - Space Station
  • 60090 - Scuba Scooter $6.99
  • 60091 - Deep Sea Research Starter Set $9.99
  • 60092 - Deep Sea Submarine $39.99
  • 60093 - Sea Helicopter $49.99
  • 60095 - Deep Sea Research Vessel
  • 60097 - Special Edition?
  • 60098 - Metro MDP
  • 60099 - Advent Calendar 2015 $29.99
  • Like 2

Thanks ToK!

Wondering about the Space Station. Do I need to dump my last two space centres and space shuttles? Was the retro space set we got for free this year a hint of new space sets? Will they be classic? Alot of questions and so few answers. Sigh...

Could the astronaut starterset contain this? http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=2853944-1

Edited by Ciglione

The list was translated from a site in the Czech Republic so I'm not too sure of accuracy but they appear to be listed under City meaning I don't think they will be Classic Space related although that would be neat. I imagine more realistic City style astronauts except possibly with a different air tank piece perhaps.

Could the astronaut starterset contain this? http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=2853944-1

Just on the fact that guy was from the now defunct LEGO Universe online game, I would say no.

Thanks ToK!

Wondering about the Space Station. Do I need to dump my last two space centres and space shuttles? Was the retro space set we got for free this year a hint of new space sets? Will they be classic? Alot of questions and so few answers. Sigh...

Could the astronaut starterset contain this? http://www.brickpicker.com/bpms/set.cfm?set=2853944-1

I wouldn't imagine that the new space sets will affect the previous ones. Space Station will most likely be set in space. Something like this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Space_Station

Edited by Crustybeaver

Super glad I just sold my last City Space Shuttle.  more than doubled MSRP in a little over a year EOL.  City space sets are winners... provided you dump them before the rerelease.  

I have one space shuttle and two space centres left. I just cannot get myself to sell  the last ones causes they are the most sets I ever had. I think they havent seen a shed of light ever. But I know the time has come to part from them.  :sorry:

Super glad I just sold my last City Space Shuttle. more than doubled MSRP in a little over a year EOL. City space sets are winners... provided you dump them before the rerelease.

However the names of the new sets would suggest that they are not re-releases and shouldn't have a negative affect on the recently retired space sets.

Space station will most likely be set in space unlike the space centre which was a shuttle launch kit set on earth. Landing craft to me is what is used to land on the surface of the moon or Mars. Shuttle transport would be in the form of a plane carrying a shuttle or a crawler used to ferry the rocket from the hanger to the launching site.

So we've obviously had space and town police stations.  Now City has given us Forest and Swamp Police Stations.  What's next?  The Outback with wily dingos and kangaroos to rob the locals?  Maybe a Police Station for the Arctic theme because we all know how much trouble the polar bears cause.  These are getting ridiculous.  All the while the town doesn't have proper bank, post office, or gas station. 

• Like 4

So we've obviously had space and town police stations.  Now City has given us Forest and Swamp Police Stations.  What's next?  The Outback with wily dingos and kangaroos to rob the locals?  Maybe a Police Station for the Arctic theme because we all know how much trouble the polar bears cause.  These are getting ridiculous.  All the while the town doesn't have proper bank, post office, or gas station. 

City Ski Resort, City YMCA, City Flea Market, and City Unemployment Office.  ...just a note, Fergie has shin guards on for New Years, YEAH!!!

I want a city zoo with about 10 different sets for areas/exhibits

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Brickpicker mobile app

Yes, this would be awesome.  Also very expensive with a bunch of new animal molds unless they brickbuilt them.

lol, guessing that we get so much police because kids play cops and robbers, not bankers and postmen. And being a fireman is like being a hero, pumping gas, not so much.

I get that, but for MOC'rs and folks that want a realistic town, having 5 cops for every 3 citizens doesn't cut it.  And 2 of those citizens are criminals. 

• Like 1