2. 2. Who is your favorite elf?

• Azari Firedancer, elf of the vigorous flame
    • Aira Whisperwind, elf of the great breeze
    • Naida Riverheart, elf of the serene water
    • Farran Leafshade, elf of the healing earth
    • Skyra, gentle queen of the elves
    • I like all of them!
    • I don't have one.

I actually thought the Friends minidolls were cute but these are adorably beautiful. While I still like the Friends theme with its overall city feel, the builds here and colors used therein are very lovely like a stunning tapestry. :wub: In short, I like these a lot, like, for sure. :)

Would be extra sweet if tied to a TV series like Ninjago or Chima, but I doubt that is happening.

I would not be surprised if at least an online series for this new Elves theme is in the works considering there has been one running for Friends on Disney's YouTube channel and video page. Plus Lego has become very versatile in the realm of multimedia these past odd years.

I actually thought the Friends minidolls were cute but these are adorably beautiful. While I still like the Friends theme with its overall city feel, the builds here and colors used therein are very lovely like a stunning tapestry. :wub: In short, I like these a lot, like, for sure. :)

I would not be surprised if at least an online series for this new Elves theme is in the works considering there has been one running for Friends on Disney's YouTube channel and video page. Plus Lego has become very versatile in the realm of multimedia these past odd years.

I watch the Disney Channel Friends show with my 6 year old.  It's interesting - know where does it say "Lego" in the show's title sequence; it's called "Friends of Heartlake City."  But, you can clearly see the "Lego" logo on the blocks.

Knowing as much as I know about Lego, I can see every single Friends set scattered throughout the episodes.  It's truly on the level of 1980s ***.I. Joe or He-Man, as far as advertising different things as part of a kids show.

I love these and with a little girl and boy I know these will be a hit. I agree with the above poster, they do resemble Disney Fairies so it is a job well done.

More importantly it will help the girls stretch their imagination with the fantasy creature play. Great work.

While this is definitely not my cup of tea and I'll probably never buy one unless my daughter wants them, I can see a lot of potential here with the rare colors in abundance for the parter-outers.  My daughter loves the Tinkerbell stuff so there's a chance this ends up in our home, but I don't see myself stacking my shelves with them, just like I don't have any Friends sets.

They kind of remind me of the Belville Fairy-Tale theme - Calling them Elves instead of Fairies was a good move.

It does bring about a familiar sense of deja vu. However the new Elves line is significantly better and simply more pleasing to the eye than their prior attempts with Belville in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

I actually thought the Friends minidolls were cute but these are adorably beautiful. 

Well said. My first reaction was, What The Heck?! But upon closer look, I like them a lot. Love the hairdos and the ears! And the sets appeal to me much more than the more recent Friends sets (i.e., Jungle).

Man... even the bird has a tatoo ! How can you make it cooler ?

The boat will be a huge winner BTW.

Well done lego.

Agree about the boat.

There's also a bit of Steampunk going on in there...like the jetpack wings. And if that's a crank next to the orange squirrel...well done, Lego.

==

I wish Lego would license Hasbro's My Little Pony Equestria Girls. The minidolls would be PERFECT.

This theme will be a hit and they are cute, but to an old school LEGO guy, they are just a bit over the top for my tastes.

I agree! I was seeing all your opinions and was like: "Am I the only one here who doesn't really like them?"

They are girlish cute and all, so yeah they probably will be a big hit! (Maybe even an investment?)

This theme will be a hit and they are cute, but to an old school LEGO guy, they are just a bit over the top for my tastes.

Translation: only buy 5 copies of each... 

Oh wait, wrong thread and I am not trekgate.. :D :D

On topic: I disagree with you Ed.  I think those sets need to be a bit more over the top.  A set could have come with a unicorn and maybe put a rainbow hairpiece (a la a bow in Friends line) on the dolphin's head

On topic: I disagree with you Ed.  I think those sets need to be a bit more over the top.  A set could have come with a unicorn and maybe put a rainbow hairpiece (a la a bow in Friends line) on the dolphin's head

I'm not sure if you are sarcastic (particularly the part I put in bold) but I do agree with that.

This theme is about elves, so come on  LEGO ! You have to bring even MORE magical stuff.

Edited by biniou

Do you mean they look too busy?

I agree with Waddamon on this one.  The theme looks cute.  Nice colors and translucent bricks.  Very pleasing.  Probably will be a hit with kids, especially little girls.  That being said, this theme looks less like LEGO than most.  The minifigures are similar to the Friends, but I hate to see LEGO moving away from the traditional minifigures.  Maybe if they did the theme with regularr minifigs, it would be more appealing to me.  But I am not the target market, so it will probably be a successful one regardless of my opinion.  

One can argue that a theme like Technic or Bionicle/HF is different as well and I can see your point.  So I guess some variety works.  LEGO sets are designed for kids and not 46 year olds.  I can see this theme as a good short term flip.

That being said, this theme looks less like LEGO than most.

I would disagree with you here...these Elves sets look very much like the "outdoor" Friends sets (Olivia's Treehouse, the animal collector series ). And they remind me too of some LOTR sets (like the Rivendale set with Elrond...I forget the name of that one).

Edit to add:

Although if you mean that Friends line in general is a departure from traditional Lego sets, then yes, the Elves sets would also be an anomaly.

Edited by wholovesboo