2. 2. Who is your favorite elf?

• Azari Firedancer, elf of the vigorous flame
    • Aira Whisperwind, elf of the great breeze
    • Naida Riverheart, elf of the serene water
    • Farran Leafshade, elf of the healing earth
    • Skyra, gentle queen of the elves
    • I like all of them!
    • I don't have one.

I would disagree with you here...these Elves sets look very much like the "outdoor" Friends sets (Olivia's Treehouse, the animal collector series ). And they remind me too of some LOTR sets (like the Rivendale set with Elrond...I forget the name of that one).

Edit to add:

Although if you mean that Friends line in general is a departure from traditional Lego sets, then yes, the Elves sets would also be an anomaly.

I guess that explains it...I don't like those sets.  LOL

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you are sarcastic (particularly the part I put in bold) but I do agree with that.

This theme is about elves, so come on  LEGO ! You have to bring even MORE magical stuff.

No. I was being serious.  

A. Based on the mini-dolls, this Elves line is aimed at girls.  

B. Friends line (also aimed at girls) contains many accessories for pets.  So why not create the Elves inspired accessories ? Instead of bows, maybe sets in Elves line can come with rainbows, leaves, or dew drops, etc 

Edited by Darth_Raichu

No. I was being serious.

A. Based on the mini-dolls, this Elves line is aimed at girls.

B. Friends line (also aimed at girls) contains many accessories for pets. So why not create the Elves inspired accessories ? Instead of bows, maybe sets in Elves line can come with rainbows, leaves, or dew drops, etc

Or unicorn horns! This would be a perfect thread for Unikitty, if Unikitty were a BPer.

Translation: only buy 5 copies of each... 

Oh wait, wrong thread and I am not trekgate.. :D :D

On topic: I disagree with you Ed.  I think those sets need to be a bit more over the top.  A set could have come with a unicorn and maybe put a rainbow hairpiece (a la a bow in Friends line) on the dolphin's head

DR it took me all day to see this post. Why? Because I kept not wanting to look at this thread at all as I really do not like this theme. Seriously I will be all in for Chima over this theme and I do not say that sarcastically.

Unless you mean Unicron and not Unicorn and it will include transformers.... If so then I will be all in.

I'd normally be excited about this type of theme but I agree, it's kind of busy looking.  The ship isn't bad but I'm wondering if the cabin is scaled to fit a doll inside or not.  If not, I'm even more meh on it.  I think there is too much going on in these sets and the added busyness doesn't really add much to playability.

• Like 1

People chasing after what they believe gold, because their investment in star wars or other hasn't gone up in 6 months, so they think it must be this that is going to be the fabled high reward because they know Lego has investment potential and this has some fancy new packaging which reminds them of a story book their mom read to them when they were 3 years old. Just buy everything and you can't go wrong.

I feel a lot of hatred in your posts and speculations.

Smell the magical flowers and dance with us around the golden rainbow. :kiss:

Great video and reference. Certainly you noticed that he finally finds the tombstone at the end of the video.

For sure if I had to dig somewhere I would dig the grave with a cute boat on its tombstone... I don't know if this is gold I can smell, or maybe silver, but whatever it can be worth to give it a try.

I dunno.  I like the sets.  I like the colors.  I'm a geek dad to a 6 year old daughter.  She likes Friends, she likes non-Friends Lego, too.  This is a gateway into "fantasy" worlds.

I have no idea if it will be an investment winner.  It might be a parting out winner.  But, I know I willing be buying.  Maybe there are others that think like me.

• Like 2

Like everyone else I can be drawn in by Lego's advertising & marketing and I need to keep myself focused.  It's not hatred, I know my posts ambience doesn't reflect what I'm really trying to say, my written English skills are quite poor due to the English teacher we had at school who would arrive 5 minutes late to lessons, take roll call and then skip off to drink some whiskey.

It is too bad that won't happen but Rainbow Dash in Lego would be.... AWESOME!!!!

....I'm more of a Celestia fan to tell the truth. Praise the sun! :bow::lol:

20% cooler for sure! :)

I think you can tell which pony is my fav.

Several boxes can be seen on the page:

http://kollectobil.com/2014/09/lego-elves-to-make-their-debut-in-2015/

(boat's box is perfect, how can it be possible to not buy (or steal) it when you have it in hands ?)

Thanks for posting. I'm seeing larger sets than the ones pictured in the OP. Looks like there's another $99.99 girl-targeted set coming!  (The treehouse)

That set at that price is very likely an error.

I saw a link on a blog with the 40176 (which looks like a $15 set) with $39.99..... so prices when can read here and there are not officials and can't be trusted.

I think the 41075 The Elves Treetop Hideaway will be around $39-$49 considering the price of the 41036 Friends Jungle Bridge Rescue ($29) and the 41038 Friends Jungle Rescue Base ($59).

Edited by biniou

The treehouse shows 442 pieces for $99.99??!! That seems extremely steep. I like the looks of the set, but that ppp is quite high!

I am thinking the treehouse could be $40 seeing how similar it reminds me of The Orc Forge regards to relative piece count and size. Biniou's idea on real retail seems more thought out than my reasoning.

These sets have special mystical powers so they are more expensive.  :elf: 

You know something is awesome when Ed goes out of his to make a Technicolor post. :yes:

I dunno.  I like the sets.  I like the colors.  I'm a geek dad to a 6 year old daughter.  She likes Friends, she likes non-Friends Lego, too.  This is a gateway into "fantasy" worlds.

I have no idea if it will be an investment winner.  It might be a parting out winner.  But, I know I willing be buying.  Maybe there are others that think like me.

re: parting out