Best credit cards for buying Lego?

stackables

• 1 year later...

I like to use the amazon card after owning others. This way, I can support our BP community by using the affiliate links on this web site and still earn rewards through amazon. We pay for stuff like daycare, mobile phone bills, etc.. on that Amazon card. Points accumulate pretty fast as you prob already know.

I also like how Amazon has 99% of the sets shop@home has at usually better prices. I also like using my Amazon points to make my own discounts on exclusives. My last couple of 10220, 10226, and and 10228s were all purchased at 30%-50% off due to points. It'a very hard to do that at Lego.com.

I'm in IT and know how first hand how expensive running a web site is even before software licensing, premium data feeds, paying coders, etc...

It's a win-win.

• Like 1

We have many threads that talk about benefits of using several different credit card programs.  One example is cards that offer different promos each quarter.  Right now Chase Freedom is giving 5% back on Amazon purchases and Discover is giving 5% back on all online purchases.

It really depends on your desired use of the "savings" (points). I switch between using 3 different cards typically.

1. SPG American Express (one of the best rewards cards year after year): I use this for hotel stays and typically get somewhere between $0.02 - $0.07 value per point.

2. British Airways Visa (one of my favorites due to my domestic flying): I use this for flying on AA (a partner airline to British Airways) and typically get a $0.03 - $0.06 value per point. 

3. Amazon Card: jaisonline explained above.

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I vaguely remember a member posting how you can pay your Amazon credit card bill with your reward points.  Does anyone remember how to do this?  I believe my payment was lost in the mail and would rather just use my points instead of writing another check.  I went to the site and did not see any option that allows you to use your points to pay off your balance. 

I vaguely remember a member posting how you can pay your Amazon credit card bill with your reward points.  Does anyone remember how to do this?  I believe my payment was lost in the mail and would rather just use my points instead of writing another check.  I went to the site and did not see any option that allows you to use your points to pay off your balance. 

On the chase site click on redeem rewards. It will take you to a store where you can use the points on gift cards, ect. One of the options is credit toward your balance. 10,000 points = $100 

• Like 1

Essentials for me:

Discover - lots of 5% cashback for online shopping and 10% during Q4 (only up to $1500 in purchases tho)

TRU - for 10% thursdays and double rewards (and other promos)

Target Redcard

If not using one of these 3, I will alternate between a Chase Ultimate Rewards capable card (many to choose from) or SPG Amex if I'm near some redemption levels.

Also the Southwest Visas (Personal and Business) are good when they offer 50k point signups, you can use both towards the companion pass (google for the companion pass info - awesome value)...but not as daily spend cards.

On the chase site click on redeem rewards. It will take you to a store where you can use the points on gift cards, ect. One of the options is credit toward your balance. 10,000 points = $100 

I also noticed the site says "

• Statement credits will reduce your account balance but you are still required to make at least your minimum payment."

I am assuming that is if you your points do not completely cover your balance?

Are any of you guys thinking of ditching your Chase Amazon card and switching over to the Amazon Store card?

https://www.amazon.com/iss/credit/storecardmember/ref=storecard_van

Limited time offer: a $40 Amazon.com Gift Card will be instantly loaded into your Amazon.com account upon the approval of your credit card application.

APSC_MarketingPage._CB327620134_.png

Just signed up and got my $40 gc. Thanks!