Best credit cards for buying Lego?

stackables

Do you have to be a prime member to get the 5%?

Yes

Just so I'm sure on this, this "new" card only rewards you with 5% back on Amazon purchases, but you can use it on other, non-Amazon purchases (gas, food, etc)?

No, this is only an Amazon internal card, no visa or MC cobranding that would allow it to be used elsewhere..

Believe this is only Amazon.com ..   email says they will send a sticker in the mail with my account number.

So no physical card even.

You will receive your peel-off card that contains your 16-digit account number in the mail within 7-10 days

Huh. Well, every credit card I have ever had did have to be "peeled" from the piece of paper it was glued to. Maybe that's it. Weird way to word it though.

The wording on this is really strange. It says your existing Amazon.com card is upgraded to the Amazon Store card.

By applying for this, will I now have two credit cards, or is the Amazon.com card cancelled and replaced with the Amazon Store card?

If you have an Amazon Visa, then you will keep that...

If you have an Amazon "Store Card" (which is different from the Visa issued through Chase) then it will be upgraded to the Prime Store Card and be eligible for the 5%

• Like 1

The wording on this is really strange. It says your existing Amazon.com card is upgraded to the Amazon Store card.

By applying for this, will I now have two credit cards, or is the Amazon.com card cancelled and replaced with the Amazon Store card?

They are separate, I think there was an existing Amazon Store card before this offer.  They may be changing providers and this will allow you to switch it over and upgrade you if you are Prime.

The Amazon.com Chase card will still be separate.

Is anyone else here concerned about the possible/debatable impact on your credit score for opening another line of credit?  I am already a long-time Discover cardholder and I have a few others so I'm a little hesitant to jump on this.  I don't keep a balance on any of my cards though.  They get paid of in full each month.  

Is anyone else here concerned about the possible/debatable impact on your credit score for opening another line of credit?  I am already a long-time Discover cardholder and I have a few others so I'm a little hesitant to jump on this.  I don't keep a balance on any of my cards though.  They get paid of in full each month.

Are you planning to take out a large loan (house mortgage) in the next couple months? If not, I wouldn't worry about the minor temporary impact to your score.

If you plan on buying/refinancing a house or buying a car in the next 6 months, it may have an impact. Long term, it won;t impact it, and will most likely even raise your CS.

• Like 3

I believe this gentlemen is correct, new credit is only about a 10% factor into your fico score....however total credit utilization is 30%. So while there will be an initial 10 point hit or so, in the long run you will have a higher total credit line (whatever limit they give you) and that will help..... especially if you carry a balance on any card, because your total % of credit used will drop.....giving you a better score in the long run....IMO There are calculators online to see how certain events might/will effect your score.....don't know if that made sense, Ok I'll shut up now.

• Like 1

Play with mint?

I'm assuming he means Mint.com. It's a popular website where you enter all of your accounts (credit cards, bank accounts, loans, etc) and it tracks your finances and such. It is annoying when an account wont work with Mint if you are trying to get an overall summary of your finances. I stopped using it a couple years back because some accounts wouldn't work with it. I should give it another try as I liked it back then with the exception of the accounts that wouldn't work.

Edited by Legodog

Exciter1, you and my fellow Ohio brickpickers may be aware but Amazon is in talks with Ohio to bring a data center to the Columbus area.  It could mean they will have to collect sales tax from us in the near future.  Seems like it could go either way since a prior Ohio Supreme Court ruling indicates this data center would not be affiliated with Amazon closely enough for them to have "nexus" in the state but PA and CT had similar rulings that were disregarded and Amazon still agreed to collect sales tax in those states.  Just something to keep an eye on.

http://www.policymattersohio.org/amazon-sep-2014

Edited by zskid00

Exciter1, you and my fellow Ohio brickpickers may be aware but Amazon is in talks with Ohio to bring a data center to the Columbus area.  It could mean they will have to collect sales tax from us in the near future.  Seems like it could go either way since a prior Ohio Supreme Court ruling indicates this data center would not be affiliated with Amazon closely enough for them to have "nexus" in the state but PA and CT had similar rulings that were disregarded and Amazon still agreed to collect sales tax in those states.  Just something to keep an eye on.

http://www.policymattersohio.org/amazon-sep-2014

If Amazon starts collecting sales tax in Ohio I'm blowing the Complaint Thread up for a week.

• Like 3