10143 - UCS: Death Star II

Fcbarcelona101

So, I'm being offered at DS II at 225 maybe a little lower (used). The catch is the owner says its incomplete but only says that he estimates between 10% to 20% of the parts are missing. A lot. Any ideas? Is it worth it? Not sure yet if I want to keep it or resell it but I would obviously need to buy a lot of parts.

Sort of depends on the missing parts. I can't recall the death star having anything really specific like a specially designed cockpit windshield. Not sure how much the laser beams cost either. 225 seems i bit pricey to me for 10-20% of parts missing...then again, a used DS II is listed at roughly 380$ on brickpicker. Might be worth picking it up if you want to build it, maybe not so much for resale.

I just pieced one together from Bricklink and can tell you that there are very few pieces that are expensive to buy. That said, there are a few that are very hard to find so factor that in if you do buy it. The cheapest used complete one on Bricklink is $612. I would suspect you can get the parts you need for $100 or so - again, depending on the parts so you are still well below what I can find it used for. the sticker will kill you if you don't already have one with the set :)

I just pieced one together from Bricklink and can tell you that there are very few pieces that are expensive to buy. That said, there are a few that are very hard to find so factor that in if you do buy it.

The cheapest used complete one on Bricklink is $612. I would suspect you can get the parts you need for $100 or so - again, depending on the parts so you are still well below what I can find it used for. the sticker will kill you if you don't already have one with the set :)

Yeah, this one brings the stickers, thank God, since I know they are just crazy expensive. I'll see how low can I go on the price before deciding.

I bought the pieces with 3 other sets and the total spent was about 2k. I figured that the Death Star probably accounted for about $450 of that, so to get it at that price plus a hundy or so for missing pieces is a fairly good deal in my opinion. Heck, you could almost sell it and double up.

I just pieced one together from Bricklink and can tell you that there are very few pieces that are expensive to buy. That said, there are a few that are very hard to find so factor that in if you do buy it.

The cheapest used complete one on Bricklink is $612. I would suspect you can get the parts you need for $100 or so - again, depending on the parts so you are still well below what I can find it used for. the sticker will kill you if you don't already have one with the set :)

edit: misread your post, so my post is no longer important!

Ok so now he is saying he went over the whole thing and apparently he is missing less than 200 pieces, he says small pieces, and adjusted the listing to 300 or best offer.... Not sure what to do now

About a week ago I called out someone on ebay over a BS listing.......he emailed me back with the story (which was BS) and ended his email with ..........you are doing a great job over at brickpicker. Still have no clue who it is. Moral of the story? The person selling this DS2 might be a BP member and saw what was being talked about.

If anyone got a used Death Star II, I would be interested. Yes, I can buy it on ebay or bricklink, but I would prefer to buy it from a random stranger here than a random stranger on ebay/BL :)

Wait a week or two. We might be able to help you with your quest. ;-)

It will be way more elaborate than just a trade section. Watch out BL.....BP is right on your heels lol

I doubt about being on heels, because we have to give credit to BL where credit is due, that site is the best site for trading LEGO period, with their immense base of pictures and everything it will take even Ed and Jeff rather long to recreate it let alone improve it.

Ok maybe they can surpass them in SETs selling but individual pieces with pictures? Tough work for that

Btw, BL is straight crap! I don't mean to bash BL, but it is horrible. I mean their concept is fantastic, but their site is straight out of the 1995 dial up internet days, soooo annoying and frustrating to use! Sorry everytime I read about BL I have to rant a little........

It will be way more elaborate than just a trade section. Watch out BL.....BP is right on your heels lol

I doubt about being on heels, because we have to give credit to BL where credit is due, that site is the best site for trading LEGO period, with their immense base of pictures and everything it will take even Ed and Jeff rather long to recreate it let alone improve it.

Ok maybe they can surpass them in SETs selling but individual pieces with pictures? Tough work for that

Yeah its not at the moment but I think one day it will be!

Btw, BL is straight crap! I don't mean to bash BL, but it is horrible. I mean their concept is fantastic, but their site is straight out of the 1995 dial up internet days, soooo annoying and frustrating to use! Sorry everytime I read about BL I have to rant a little........

It does need some major cosmetic surgery.......the concept is outstanding though!

You're right that it is the best site for trading Lego period. But that's because it is the only option out there other than a few smaller sites and ebay. But the site is horrible in my opinion. It is extremely out dated and a pain to use! I've been saying for awhile now and I'll say it again, it is only a matter of time before someone comes out with a more modern version that blows Bricklink away. Just my 2 cents......