79003 - An Unexpected Gathering

I think people will seriously regret leaving these around for too long. This is one of those mid range sets I intend on collecting a nice stash of. I currently have only 10, but aim to have at least 20. Regardless of how the Hobbit movies perform from here, the Bag End set will always draw the attention of the Lord of the Rings fans due to it's iconic nature. With three movies I doubt Lego would pull a short production run for it, but I see it as a set similar to the Burrow that fans will want big time. 

• Like 1

I think people will seriously regret leaving these around for too long. This is one of those mid range sets I intend on collecting a nice stash of. I currently have only 10, but aim to have at least 20. Regardless of how the Hobbit movies perform from here, the Bag End set will always draw the attention of the Lord of the Rings fans due to it's iconic nature. With three movies I doubt Lego would pull a short production run for it, but I see it as a set similar to the Burrow that fans will want big time. 

I agree with this.  This set is not flashy, but it it a gem nonetheless.  You can find some very good deals on this set and it is available everywhere.  A very good investment and display set.

I just bought the last 2 at my Walmart at $49.  The Unexpected Gathering was the only Hobbit sets they had.  I wonder if the first wave is disappearing quickly, or maybe they just don't sell well?  Either way, that seems like less product on the market in the long run.  That can only help value growth.  I don't have many because I had been waiting for sales this Christmas.  I think I will speed up acquiring some of the whole collection.

Imagine my surprise when they also had 15 Catwoman Catcycle (retired?) sets at $9.  This was in Stoughton, WI.  I might hit some Madison Walmarts and see what I kind find.  Has anyone else in Madison checked lately?  What did you see for Hobbit or Catwoman sets?

I just bought the last 2 at my Walmart at $49.  The Unexpected Gathering was the only Hobbit sets they had.  I wonder if the first wave is disappearing quickly, or maybe they just don't sell well?  Either way, that seems like less product on the market in the long run.  That can only help value growth.  I don't have many because I had been waiting for sales this Christmas.  I think I will speed up acquiring some of the whole collection.

Imagine my surprise when they also had 15 Catwoman Catcycle (retired?) sets at $9.  This was in Stoughton, WI.  I might hit some Madison Walmarts and see what I kind find.  Has anyone else in Madison checked lately?  What did you see for Hobbit or Catwoman sets?

im kinda mad .. I missed the catwomen sets .. i was just about to buy like 50 and than found out it just sold out everywhere

The UGs that remain in Madison are retail price.  It's funny you mentioned they had Catwoman.  I used the Wal-Mart app when the clearances first hit this summer and it said Stoughton had them in stock.  Well I quickly headed over there to grab them, but they were nowhere to be found---I scoured that store too.  Must've been hiding in the stockroom.  Passed on all the UGs at that store then---wish I hadn't, but I still have 4 so no biggie.  Long story short, picked up 10x Catwoman today.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

TRU Switzerland currently has a 20% off all LEGOs which brings this set to 47CHF ~50$. That would be almost 50% off retail from LEGO Shop at Home. I did buy 5 Attack of the Wargs last month, can't seem to quick flip them at a huge profit. I think I'll pass on the gathering even though I kind of like the set, got other stuff to buy before Christmas...lol.