41005 - Heartlake High

forestgirl27

I would like to thank all the wonderful people who told me about PRICE MATCHING at Target!

Today I took the Heartlake High set to the customer service desk. They did a price match with Amazon--price down to 39.99. Then I used my $5 off of $29.99 and up Target Lego coupon. Then I used my Target red card. Grand total after all of that was $35.57!

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Hmmmm this set seems to have some signs of retirement (only "signs", so I can be very wrong, I just hope it's not the next "olivia's house" standing in the catalog for a long time).

I'm quite clueless with the friends sets, but this one is a school :) (I guess a lot of little girls want to play teachers) and seems quite appealing IMO.

I can have some with about 25/30% off. 35% off.

I would be glad if you guys (and girls) share your opinions on this set. :)

Edited by biniou

Trying to market a school to children could well be a recipe for disaster. Personally I wouldn't risk investing into this one, just can't see there being much interest in it.

Since recently getting married (after a 15 year courtship) I've suddenly gained a slight glimpse into the world of pre-teen nieces & great-nieces (too many to count it seems) & I can tell you one thing I learned aside from they play-scream... allot, that Christmas is going to be really really expensive from now on & Starwars isn't cool (shocking that!!!) is that they are all about horses & playing school (even before the school set) with their Friends Lego...   The Friends Heartlake High & all the stable sets definitely have a potential fan-base... & moms that really want to buy them Lego. 

If the buy in is right, this set should do well after eol. It's only been out a little over a year though, do I'd be surprised if it retired any time soon. A lot of little girls like to "play school", and this set lets them do that. My seven year old daughter has this set, and plays with it all the time. Heck, even my eight year old son plays with it too, but he usually just attacks it with his AT-AT.

• Like 5

(thanks for merging this topic with mine, I don't know why I wasn't able to find this topic)

Trying to market a school to children could well be a recipe for disaster. Personally I wouldn't risk investing into this one, just can't see there being much interest in it.

Little girls like to play annoying games. They think the coolest game is to clean baby's bottom. lol

Thanks for your advices ladies and gentlemen. :victory:

• 5 months later...

We just scored one of these at Kmart today for $17! 

Reason is we tried to get the Stables that they said they still had one of, but it wasn't the right set. So to make amends, they offered 50% off another Friends set. It was already discounted to try and clear the shelf. I now have two! Can't find anymore though. Do you think they discounted these because they are getting ready to retire?

We just scored one of these at Kmart today for $17! 

Reason is we tried to get the Stables that they said they still had one of, but it wasn't the right set. So to make amends, they offered 50% off another Friends set. It was already discounted to try and clear the shelf. I now have two! Can't find anymore though. Do you think they discounted these because they are getting ready to retire?

It has been sold out across most venues for a couple of months now and does appear on its way out.  Also one of the more promising friends sets out of that batch.  Selling for over retail on ebay and amazon already even after some deep discounts a few months ago. 

• Like 1

It has been sold out across most venues for a couple of months now and does appear on its way out.  Also one of the more promising friends sets out of that batch.  Selling for over retail on ebay and amazon already even after some deep discounts a few months ago. 

​I just hope the boat load of cash doesn't leave the dock for many QFLLs.  This one has some real holiday potential.