Minecraft 2014

TheOrcKing

After looking at all these pictures I cannot see these sets to be a great seller. I might be wrong, but the smaller sets are more interesting, to me. They should have stuck to the small-scale sets and produced a few more of these, with interesting micro-figs and a few more cool colors.

Since we know a general release date and have seen official images for two of the sets thus far, now the question is will these too be a limited product line same as the smaller Minecraft sets or a theme found alongside others in your typical retail store? The original sets have sold and continue to sell well. However, you have to admit giving the line a diverse selection available from a variety of stores would slay sales. I mean, if a bunch of kids will want what is basically a cardboard shipping box with Steve's face printed on there so they can play dress up for the cost of $15.

In any case, I know I am curious as to how those new head pieces look like from all angles. I still only like the Skeleton kind of and at least everything including the bricks appear to be completely printed which is major plus. Of course they would have made a major foul had they used stickers plus these have to be the easiest thing for Lego to print ever. The Zombie for example has like a couple pixels on the face and torso.

• 2 weeks later...

I smell these will bomb at Christmas, putting aside my personal dislike. Also I wonder how fast will the Chinese copies appear. I believe LEGO managed to ride the Minecraft hype train just in time thanks to CUUSOO/Ideas before any other significant producer regarding MC merchandise. 

I smell these will bomb at Christmas, putting aside my personal dislike. Also I wonder how fast will the Chinese copies appear. I believe LEGO managed to ride the Minecraft hype train just in time thanks to CUUSOO/Ideas before any other significant producer regarding MC merchandise. 

Aren't they still selling pretty well though?

For what they're worth, Lego appears to have replicated the original game as close as they realistically could and the box art plus the number of sets leads me to believe these will be widely available whereas the micro worlds continue being limited in general. I think I may actually like the micro world sets better. Either way, they're all parts packs to me really.

I love how they are now putting "Build your own creation" on the box, dang I thought I could only build what the instructions said.

Funny how a number of people have left angry messages on reddit and other places of "all you can build is what's on the box" or "no more inspiration promoted" or some such nonsense.

• 1 month later...