Riddle me this Amazon

Dbroncoboy

So I sold a $180 item, FBA. Immediately on the order I see a refund of $88.32 (before the item is even shipped) (The item still hasn't even been delivered)

I contacted Seller Support and they told me the item was found "defective" during shipping so they refunded the buyer $88.32 to make them happy and still shipped the item anyways.

I am completely lost:

1. Why would they not cancel the order and place the item in unsellable inventory.

2. How on earth did my item get received as Sellable and then turn into "Defective"

How improper does it seem to just send a known "defective" item to the customer and throw money their way before they have even received the item.

Not looking to start an FBA hate fest, we all know the positives and negatives, but does anyone else think this is completely out of line by Amazon?

So I sold a $180 item, FBA. Immediately on the order I see a refund of $88.32 (before the item is even shipped) (The item still hasn't even been delivered)

I contacted Seller Support and they told me the item was found "defective" during shipping so they refunded the buyer $88.32 to make them happy and still shipped the item anyways.

I am completely lost:

1. Why would they not cancel the order and place the item in unsellable inventory.

2. How on earth did my item get received as Sellable and then turn into "Defective"

How improper does it seem to just send a known "defective" item to the customer and throw money their way before they have even received the item.

Not looking to start an FBA hate fest, we all know the positives and negatives, but does anyone else think this is completely out of line by Amazon?

funny, I had the exact same situation with an item yesterday.

i opened a case and i am still waiting for a reply.

im betting amazon will eat the difference and we will get reimbursed

• Like 1

I am completely lost:

How do you see this order detail before the item even ships? I am using FBA but still trying to learn all of the features of the interface.

my page showed the sale and refund in the order page, even before the item shipped

Mine too. They just responded and said their original response was incorrect and that the customer contacted them after placing the order but before the item shipped and got a refund,

They said its the type of refund they will return to me within 45 days.I hope this isn't a new trend this holiday season, losing almost 50% of the sale off the bat sucks.

Mine too. They just responded and said their original response was incorrect and that the customer contacted them after placing the order but before the item shipped and got a refund,

They said its the type of refund they will return to me within 45 days.I hope this isn't a new trend this holiday season, losing almost 50% of the sale off the bat sucks.

So if you use FBA you are giving them the right to lower a sale price by 50% (without your knowledge)? - No thanks.