5002145 - Rocket Raccoon

Pseudoty

Did anyone see that their store got more then one case of 200 bags?  I know more will be available at TRU once the promo begins but assuming 876 TRU stores in the USA x 200/Store = 175,200 Polys.  Anyone have something comparable to compare to in quantity/demand to see if these may dry up and increase in value or if it is all downhill from here.

Did anyone see that their store got more then one case of 200 bags?  I know more will be available at TRU once the promo begins but assuming 876 TRU stores in the USA x 200/Store = 175,200 Polys.  Anyone have something comparable to compare to in quantity/demand to see if these may dry up and increase in value or if it is all downhill from here.

I'd consider The Hobbit: Lake-Town Guard to be somewhat exclusive and it's price has never recovered once it was released nationwide at TRU.  You can still get those for $8 - $9 shipped.

• Like 1

I see you have a boat load of them....

I'd consider The Hobbit: Lake-Town Guard to be somewhat exclusive and it's price has never recovered once it was released nationwide at TRU.  You can still get those for $8 - $9 shipped.

The only difference would be that this is a very popular character and there will be a GOTG sequel but if there are this many out there with many resellers buying tons I just don't know if the price could ever recover even with the sequel. I think it would stay around the $10 mark and maybe bubble up to $12-$14 or so with the sequel. I don't think there is any way this is a $15-20 poly long term. Just too many.

Edited by jbacunn

I'd consider The Hobbit: Lake-Town Guard to be somewhat exclusive and it's price has never recovered once it was released nationwide at TRU. You can still get those for $8 - $9 shipped.

I don't think it's really comparable to the lake-town guard. The RR poly has a comic con exclusive minifig and one of the most popular characters in GOTG whereas the lake-town guard is a random generic minifig that is available in another set that has been discounted to $30-35 a number of times.

Did anyone see that their store got more then one case of 200 bags? I know more will be available at TRU once the promo begins but assuming 876 TRU stores in the USA x 200/Store = 175,200 Polys. Anyone have something comparable to compare to in quantity/demand to see if these may dry up and increase in value or if it is all downhill from here.

Those are the same estimates I've been coming up with as well, assuming 200 is an accurate number for each store. Also, consider a number of those 876 are babies r us locations that don't sell toys and that there are or will be a certain number available to international stores.

I'm not going to bother trying until Thursday.  If all of mine are out I may have to resort to buying one or two from you no-good reselling QFLLs.

Mine are all gone someone just bought the rest. I think I underpriced these for the market but my cost was well below $4.99 each so I will see. These may go up if this was a one run and done I had a lot of BO I had to refuse.

I was only able to obtain three yesterday. Was hoping for 20-30. My store didn't have any out. I asked the manager, and showed her a screen shot and the UPC. She looked it up and said it showed in stock. She sent someone to the back to to look for them. Five minutes later she came out with the three I purchased. They mentioned something about a street date of 11/21, but since they scanned in the system they let me buy them anyway. I'm pretty sure they were just playing dumb and probably had a lot more back there.

I listed them right away for $17 with no takers. I just took them down. I'll throw them in storage and forget about them for a few years.

Edited by terrymc4677

Scored one at a store while they have limit of 1 per customer. I want to get a few more but still one is better than nothing. Besides one or a few per customer is fair play.

Btw saw a mom there looking for lego minecraft and obviously there is none in store, probably sent by the kids... Kids know their stuff...