4000016 - Billund Airport

TheOrcKing

Guest TabbyBoy

Hmmmm, so we all pool together to fly one person to the billund airport.  Anyone have airline connections?  I have a friend who works for American.  Maybe I can fly there standby and buy 10k.  How many suitcases would that fill?

I also work for AA and can get tax-only fares on SAS. However, I think this set is crap and I expect sales to be restricted anyway. A lot of time and hassle for something with limited appeal. I'll not buy even if I was passing through.

Even though it isn't visually appealing the fact that it's a special edition set with a limited production run will ensure that it will demand a premium on the secondary market

When I go to the toilet the night after x-mas eve and sell the content of this trip as a special x-mas edition, doesn't mean people would want to buy it. But you're right ofcourse, there's always people that are blinded by the limited production and will pay anything to be able add it to their collection.

• 4 weeks later...

Funny, I actually contacted a distant relative who lives in London just to catch up and had mentioned this set.  Her husband is from Denmark and so I asked if he was flying through Billund anytime soon.  He wasn't, but his dad was coming to visit them the next day and flying through Billund.  I will be receiving 3 of these.  No word if he actually could have bought more, but I'll take it! 

• Like 2

Funny, I actually contacted a distant relative who lives in London just to catch up and had mentioned this set.  Her husband is from Denmark and so I asked if he was flying through Billund anytime soon.  He wasn't, but his dad was coming to visit them the next day and flying through Billund.  I will be receiving 3 of these.  No word if he actually could have bought more, but I'll take it!

I am envious!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I was at the airport today and bought three of these and got them signed by the store employee Lennart that created the first version of this model (was bigger than the final version by Lego). He told me they are down to the last 500 sets of the 10,000 total amount. 

If you happen to fly via billund airport I certainly recommend getting this beautiful set for €55/$60/£45! 

• Like 1

Surprised this set is still available after all this time! Back when it was released I booked very cheap return tix to to billund for an afternoon and came back with 6 of these and a ton of the Lego house set.
Hoping the rest sell out soon and hoping for a increase in value once the Lego house opens in Sept.

• Like 1