70804 - Ice Cream Machine

Deadfraggle

• 6 months later...

So Ive bought a few of these now, and debating on getting more. My thoughts are this could do really well, with the fair ground theme, it would look great sat next to the 10247 in its van form. As more fair sets come, this could be the icing on the cake.

Anyone else got thoughts on this?

Anyone got both, would love to see a photo of the two together?

• Like 2

So Ive bought a few of these now, and debating on getting more. My thoughts are this could do really well, with the fair ground theme, it would look great sat next to the 10247 in its van form. As more fair sets come, this could be the icing on the cake.

I have 20 of these. I don't know any ice cream trucks other than the batman Joker one and that one did super good. Everybody loves ice cream trucks right? If I'm right I win,  if I'm wrong I break even. 

• Like 3

I've been assembling my list of sets that already exist that would make a great Fairground theme. Not ready to release the list yet, because I'm lazy. 

I will say that your suggestion is spot on! I've never considered it. Thanks for the idea. 

Thank you, for I was feeling kind of let down after seeing how the Ice Cream Machine was doing recently, As a new collector after decades of being away from Lego, I hbought 4 from TRU but not at $9.00 each like exciter1 is talking about.  So jealous about that.  

I've been assembling my list of sets that already exist that would make a great Fairground theme. Not ready to release the list yet, because I'm lazy. 

I will say that your suggestion is spot on! I've never considered it. Thanks for the idea. 

​Cheers man.

Its officially retired over here, but you can still pick them up below RRSP reasonably easy. Whats it like state side?

• 4 weeks later...

It was retired over here at lego LEGO Shop at Home as well but now its on sale on lego LEGO Shop at Home for 23,09 euro (down 30%).  Can still get it a bit cheaper in retail I think.

LEGO Shop at Home also discounted bennys space ship with 25% (did not see it for that price at retail) and several other sets from the movie with 25% or more.

Its interesting that a set can go from retired to being on sale in just one month but I guess its just a fluke.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
30 minutes ago, miguelze said:

Is there a lot of inventory of these out there? I got one for 20€ from a private collector. Thought it might look good in a city set with modular's, etc...

I'm planning to hold for a few years. The fairground theme is just taking off, hopefully they continue it. These will look excellent in a next to the big wheel maybe.I bought mine @ 40% - 50% off though. Doesn't really seem a demand for this set at the moment.