76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

I think it's funny you guys want figs to make it "worth" the price. It will most likely be 4000-4500 pieces. I don't think we need a ton of minifigures for $350 to be reasonable. The helicarrier will be huge and very detailed. It's not a target audience of 10 year olds.

More like 2700-3000 pieces and 3-4 minifigs. A la SSD, which was more expensive by the way.

Edited by inversion

I think it's funny you guys want figs to make it "worth" the price. It will most likely be 4000-4500 pieces. I don't think we need a ton of minifigures for $350 to be reasonable. The helicarrier will be huge and very detailed. It's not a target audience of 10 year olds.

The Sandcrawler and Ewok Village are recent and minifigure heavy.  I would guess a Helicarrier would have several minifigures and play features.

Maybe we'll get a Coulson.

Come to think of it, if it's a UCS set, it probably won't have a bunch of minifigures. My guess is a special Iron Man or Tony Stark and someone else.

If there's a strong tie in for the 2015 Avengers movie, there will probably be 4-5 play sets released this summer that would contain a bunch of the minifigures.

Edited by jivejong

Opinions aside, money talks.

The Avengers line isn't going anywhere. It is Marvel's version of the Star Wars universe; look at the box office revenues produced. This is an absolutely brilliant, epic, and spot-on move should TLG green-light this set. If you follow the nature of film production (serialized moving forward), this ship is going to be an icon for not just years, but decades to come.

Love it. As a fan, and as an investor.

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if this will have a bunch of mini figs like AA or just 1-2 like the Tumbler.

My guess is that they would have a bunch to make it worth the 349 price tag. My guesses for would be Black Widow, Hawkeye, Loki, and Nick Fury since they disappeared from current Marvel sets. If the Ironman sets are EOL, then I'd expect a new Iron Man variant for this set. 

My guess is that it will include the full Avengers (MCU) roster along with a movie version of Nick Fury and hopefully Maria Hill and some shield agents.

Gee, Ed, and all you Americans, a 350USD set would equate to AUD600+ lol, its like SSD all over again.

If this is true, then Lego does want at least a 'super flagship' model as the pinnacle luxury-display-bragging-piece for collectors, the other being the Live Star.

I love flagships. Even their used CAGR trumps small sets'. If you don't have money then save up for them, because you lose less money in the long run (heck, you even win some). From a return on dollar point of view, small sets are the most expensive, therefore those are the luxury ones.

My guess is that it will include the full Avengers (MCU) roster along with a movie version of Nick Fury and hopefully Maria Hill and some shield agents.

I don't think so. I believe there will be no more than 4-5 figs, 1-2 exclusive among them. Just as SSD did not have the full Bounty Hunter company.

Edited by inversion

• 1 month later...

Ha, you beat me to it Matthew.  I was about to post that link.

I don't know, I really like it actually.  It's definitely a different direction than I've seen in a while with Lego.  5 Minifigs, plus microfigs for playing?  Different, but it's still an impressive model.

And considering it's just shy of 200 pieces less than the SSD, and $50 cheaper, it's really not that bad of a deal IMO.