76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Ciaraf76 said:

I'm toying with buying this set for myself, it will cost me £200 after various discounts.  I'll probably build and display but I get the feeling it isn't worth buying for investment reasons only?

As a Marvel fan I think the Helicarrier is an awesome build and display piece. 

I too am not sure about its investment potential.  I don't think a lot of people see this one as a winner. I don't have any yet in my portfolio but I think if I don't have at least 1 put away when it retires I may regret it. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

As a Marvel fan I think the Helicarrier is an awesome build and display piece. 

I too am not sure about its investment potential.  I don't think a lot of people see this one as a winner. I don't have any yet in my portfolio but I think if I don't have at least 1 put away when it retires I may regret it. 

That's what I'm thinking, if I don't have one I'll be annoyed at myself

3 minutes ago, legoboy16 said:

Looks like despite the high price these are still selling. I purchased one this month as well just in case it miraculously dissapear later this year. Would like to get one more for a personal build before it's all said and done.

Just keep in mind that this set is produced in less quantities each production run than for example Dr. Who.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, emazers said:

This is a nice set for Investment having 5-10 would be wise, I have my 10 so don't have to worry about any panic buying and getting damaged boxes. Guys that say they are not getting any, but when the time comes about 75% or so change there mind.

$35 back in ebay bucks when ordered from target ebay today. Not too shabby. 

I won't get ten but hope to have five. Like anything it depends how long it's around for. I'm over investing in superheros for the most part but this set is pretty unique. 

Edited by marcandre
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Just keep in mind that this set is produced in less quantities each production run than for example Dr. Who.

so I realize that this is probably true but are there real numbers that show this to be the case?

i.e. distribution of "exclusives" or "hard to find" items have less distribution than say $50-$100 SW sets that are in practically every major retailer?

I love this set so much. I bought it on a whim late one night while possibly being drunk whilst on eBay. Paid about 280 for it.  The first of the really large sets to join my collection.  Will save up for another one for investing hopefully in the New Year.

2 minutes ago, TANV said:

I love this set so much. I bought it on a whim late one night while possibly being drunk whilst on eBay. Paid about 280 for it.  The first of the really large sets to join my collection.  Will save up for another one for investing hopefully in the New Year.

Usually you should not drink and surf the net, but in your case you should invest the $70 you save on the helicarrier in some extra alcohol :D

5 hours ago, ichiroll said:

so I realize that this is probably true but are there real numbers that show this to be the case?

i.e. distribution of "exclusives" or "hard to find" items have less distribution than say $50-$100 SW sets that are in practically every major retailer?

No... just common sense.

10 hours ago, Legojona said:

Usually you should not drink and surf the net, but in your case you should invest the $70 you save on the helicarrier in some extra alcohol :D

Pssssh. I invested it in the power functions for this thing.  Then one of the rotors accidentally flew during a test trial. But still...SCIENCE!

20 minutes ago, Fenix_2k1 said:

I'd be surprised given that it's not been tagged along with the other htf/exclusives

Maybe they have less in the warehouse. The tags came real early this year. Wait a bit after 2xVIP or see what happens in the US. It´s on my list of predictions but I am not buying any.

So, it seems in Europe that the backordered sets are either SAH exclusives for now (BB, Disney) which people are getting using 2xvip and the calendar or sets that are retiring soon, of which SHIELD could be one. I notice TB and FW are also backorderd with no good reason why.

SHIELD could well follow the Tumbler pattern of last year or it might not be retiring. Who knows?

5 hours ago, Ciglione said:

Which sets would retire soon according to the Philipinian member? I remember the Helicarrier was one of them.

The Helicarrier is on the list of sets to retire this year, according to a member from Singapore.

It's quite possible that the Helicarrier is going to be the surprise retirement of this year, going quietly out of stock and then retirement while everybody has their eyes on the sets with their "Retiring Soon" labels.

Regardless, I'm not going to put any money in the Helicarrier. Maybe 10 years from now I'll put out some grey hairs from my head, regretting I didn't get any now. But I just don't feel good about this set and the future demand for it here in Europe.

• Like 3