76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

2 minutes ago, Bold-Arrow said:

I have one and I'm already singing that song ...  money better spent somewhere else . 

If it has more than a 2 year lifecycle it will be a dud. If it goes now, there´s still hope as a lot of folk flipped it at the beginning just for VIP points. GBHQ could be in the same category, no one talks about it anymore and ecto1 is gone.

2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

Sold out at Amazon and Walmart. Just sayin'.

Walmart has stacks of these and has not discounted them like the other 2016 retirees. You would think with how poorly this one sells if it were going they would have blown it out for $200 to resellers who don't mind shipping labels all over their lego boxes. Sadly I think what is going has already been marked as retiring soon. Hopefully I am wrong because that would make for a very poor season for resellers.

Guest TabbyBoy

It's looks like a lovely accurate set but, the dire performance of the UCS Batmobile and Super Heroes sets in general have put me off buying anything in this theme this as an investment. This set is hardly ever discounted in the UK and buying at RRP is throwing money away IMHO. If I was a Super Heroes fan (I'm not!), I would buy only one to collect. I can see a lot of Buyer's Remorse comments once it's gone EOL. Sorry, just my 2p worth but, I still wish good luck to those that bought them!

I'd buy 2x Detectives Offices instead.

19 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

It's looks like a lovely accurate set but, the dire performance of the UCS Batmobile and Super Heroes sets in general have put me off buying anything in this theme this as an investment. This set is hardly ever discounted in the UK and buying at RRP is throwing money away IMHO. If I was a Super Heroes fan (I'm not!), I would buy only one to collect. I can see a lot of Buyer's Remorse comments once it's gone EOL. Sorry, just my 2p worth but, I still wish good luck to those that bought them!

TRU have done a 20% sale on this set afew times, on all occasions it has taken a couple of days / 1 week for it to sell at that price.

It will definitely be one of the least horded sets thats for certain.

Edited by Mhd747

6 hours ago, TabbyBoy said:

Good advice.

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Val-E said:

I still think this set is done this season. BF/CM sales casualty perhaps.

I'm not sure if it's truly done. The recent US Winter Catalog has it prominently displayed on a page so this thing may have some life left in it for awhile.

2 hours ago, asharerin said:

Has not been discounted in the USA like every other confirmed retiring set. Does not look like this one is going anywhere unfortunately. Hopefully I am wrong but I don't think we are getting any surprise retirements of exclusives this year.

Define surprise!

We know that PS, EV, SOH, SC and FM are all done for sure. All pre Q3 Ideas sets too. The 2 Simpsons sets are pretty much done too and haven´t been tagged yet despite being pretty poor sellers in Europe. That makes 7 sets, I think a couple more semi surprises might still fall - amongst them are SHIELD.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/11/2016 at 5:56 PM, Val-E said:

Define surprise!

We know that PS, EV, SOH, SC and FM are all done for sure. All pre Q3 Ideas sets too. The 2 Simpsons sets are pretty much done too and haven´t been tagged yet despite being pretty poor sellers in Europe. That makes 7 sets, I think a couple more semi surprises might still fall - amongst them are SHIELD.

A surprise would be any exclusive being retired without a retiring soon tag. I think Lego have looked at the money being spent on the secondary market and have just decided to encourage customers to buy from them first.

27 minutes ago, Furious_george said:

$299 us is $399 au today. Wow. We get this quite a lot at $380 au and that's saying something cause normally we get robbed blind on LEGO.

Note that $299 USD is before tax. Not sure how Australian retail tax works - is tax included in the $380 AUD ?

• Like 1