76042 - SHIELD Helicarrier

KShine

In my quick googling I can't find any news articles mentioning anyone but Lego having them. However i could be wrong. 

If other retailers don't supply it at official launch, then there might be similar situation as with Tumbler. though the pricing pushes it over into "too damn expensive, I'd rather wait than buy from damn reseller scum". People will get focused on "$ over retail price", rather than "% over retail price"

For the VIPs getting chance to buy early how does lego do that send a email or a early link? Or is it something that stores just know to do? I'm looking at getting something this weekend but would just wait and grab this early if I can. I only became vip member like 2 weeks ago so sorry if it's a noob question

No link. The set will become available online around midnight just before early VIP access date, though sometimes it could drag into 8 AM. You would have to be logged in to your VIP account to see it buy-able. At some point there will be email to VIPs, but knowing how TLC runs their shop, don't hold your breath

In stores, they will have it available for purchase on early access day, if you show them VIP card. Be prepared for reseller scum to be there an hour before doors are open. Supplies will be limited of course - but if Tumbler taught us anything, it would be fairly easy to catch it at later days, around scheduled store shipment days. Some stores might even let you reserve over the phone (but not on the first early VIP access day)

Edited by No More Monkeys

No link. The set will become available online around midnight just before early VIP access date, though sometimes it could drag into 8 AM. You would have to be logged in to your VIP account to see it buy-able.

In stores, they will have it available for purchase on early access day, if you show them VIP card. Be prepared for reseller scum to be there an hour before doors are open. Supplies will be limited of course - but if Tumbler taught us anything, it would be fairly easy to catch it at later days, around scheduled store shipment days. Some stores might even let you reserve over the phone (but not on the first early VIP access day)

Cool set; cool movie- looking forward to it.

Lots of conversation speculating over investing and long-term ROI. I can't wait to join that discussion.

I'll just wait to do so when it is relevant- many years from now.

in the meantime, thanks TLG for another shot-on-goal.

I'm hoping and thinking of a Simpsons house situation. Get it on Vip day. Flip overseas for a 40 dollar net profit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Brickpicker mobile app

I'm going to pick one up and try the same. Easy vip points and make a few bucks. I also did it with the simps house, sent 3 overseas last year around this time. 

My store only was going to have about that amount too.  I think this is about half the normal star wars ucs quantity my store has had in the past.  I can't make it out of my house so I will not be the usual first or second in line.  Major disappointment.  Anyone else staying up late to see if it comes up for ordering after midnight?

I am wondering if this thing is going to have initial supply problems.

superhero fans and readers of comics are fanatics!

this is an instant winner because not that many will ever be produced at the $350 price tag. demand will always outstrip supply 5-10 years down the road. Also there aren't that many cool toy versions of the hellicarrier out there.

Once Marvel avengers/comic collectors get thier 1st appearance grails (Tos 39,Hulk 1,JIM 83,X-men 1,FF 1) I totally see the comic-con fans and dealers chasing down sets like Arkham Asylum and Hellicarrier for thier comic rooms years down the road. that blackbird X-men set and Wolverine chopper showdown are very popular to die hard fans and I see this hellicarrier being no different because it has that same cool factor. its actually cooler than Arkham Asylum since AA can be bricklinked for $50 and hellicarrier is worthy of display in comic room where Arkham asylum is for children to play with.