Walmart Canada - 10664 (1600 parts) - $40

Stragus

I also had a couple of $50 requests, but I also ignored them. I so wanted to mock them though!

I've sold a couple for $80 already so I'm not going to accept $60 either seapotato. There are a few $65-75 listings on our local CL but those will eventually disappear.

Also, I've tried Kijiji and CL and CL is definitely more successful for me, so I've stopped using Kijiji completely.

Take 60 now or baghold. There are too many of these.

Started posting on CL. Funny to see people offload this for $80. I got 20 of these in baltimore and 10 in vancouver. Will dump them for 70 a piece. It was 29.99 in walmart. Gift cards and coupons made it under 25 each. Makes me wonder whats up with $80?

For those of us that don't lie at the border that they're for our kids, they were $40 in Canada. Plus tax for made them $45.

I've sold some at $80 already so makes me wonder what's up with $70?

• Like 1

For those of us that don't lie at the border that they're for our kids, they were $40 in Canada. Plus tax for made them $45.

I've sold some at $80 already so makes me wonder what's up with $70?

You don't have to lie to cross the border into the US with goods for resale, you only have to pay the user fee of $10.75 for commercial goods per shipment.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

You don't have to lie to cross the border into the US with goods for resale, you only have to pay the user fee of $10.75 for commercial goods per shipment.

Ex Astris, Scientia.

Supraboy ChristopherJB buys his stuff in the US, brings it home to Canada, tells the border guys it's for his kids, then on the way home decides that his kids are too spoiled and they don't need it so he resells it.

I'm talking about bringing goods back into Canada for resale. Maybe I missed something, but nobody got them for $29.99 CDN did they?

Edited by gregpj
  • Like 1

Bingo. I also sell other goods to the US and vice versa. Fill the manifest and pay 10.75. Done.

So you fly into BC for work, rent a car (or borrow a friend's, whatever), fill it full of US goods, drive it over the border and ship them from the US?

You're either moving a lot volume to make it worth your while or you're trolllollllollling.

PS I'm singing that last bit like an Xmas carol.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that the usual price per piece for new Lego is around 0.10 each this set will definitely be worth at least 0.05 each (=$80). Lol if you want to sell at $60, the $15 per set isn't worth my time.

Assuming you got it at 45. You make 15. 33% profit. Find me a stock in the stock markets yielding 33% in a week. Dont be short sighted.

Assuming you got it at 45. You make 15. 33% profit. Find me a stock in the stock markets yielding 33% in a week. Dont be short sighted.

I think your calculations are incomplete... It involves more time and work than a few clicks online, as your multiple US<->Canada travels would indicate.

My day job surely pays more than time spent on Lego. But we are a household of builders, reselling the extra parts is also a matter of passion. :)

• Like 1

I am sure apple could get more money for their iphones.  Getting the highest price does not make it a good business plan.

True.  But Apple prices their phones somewhat based on market value.  I feel the market value is already established at $75-80 so selling it for $60 actually will hurt the reseller market.

I've flipped 3 locally for $80 a piece cash. I should have bought more...

That's a great price you sold them for. I sold 4 and they averaging 48 to 55 each on Ebay. And sold a damaged one on Craigslist for 50. I must be doing something wrong...

Sent from my SM-N915T using Brickpicker mobile app

That's a great price you sold them for. I sold 4 and they averaging 48 to 55 each on Ebay. And sold a damaged one on Craigslist for 50. I must be doing something wrong...

This thing shouldn't be let go for a price under $60.

One shouldn't low ball asked price of himself just because he got this thing by a deep discount.

That's my 2 cents

It was also $10 more in Canada to start with. Coupled with the fact that Walmarts aren't nearly as numerous up here.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I definitely agree with this. 

The Canadian market is a little different in my limited experience.  Deals are more scarce so people are willing to pay a bit more for Lego. Also, like Veegs said it cost $40 here instead of $30 in the US.

• Like 1

Seems some one in Montreal Quebec got really pissed off by "you guys" who flipping a $40 set from Walmart to $80 or more, see here: http://www.kijiji.ca/v-jouets-jeux/ouest-de-lile-qc/lego-10664/1038872785?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true.

Roughly translated, he/she says:

-----------------------------------

It seems that this is the way it is temp-one, you buy that box of lego ($ 40) at Wallmart you can resells triple the price, then here I sell my box $ 125

hurry to leave it like hot bread ptits!

-----------------------------------

This warrior advise people they could get 10664 from Walmart and do not fall in hands of those evil-minded greedy lego fippers, but the problem is: now can people find this 10664 on Walmart's website or any Walmart store in Canada?

• Like 1

The Canadian market is a little different in my limited experience.  Deals are more scarce so people are willing to pay a bit more for Lego. Also, like Veegs said it cost $40 here instead of $30 in the US.

That`s very true, here retailers really don`t need to discount sets that often, they will move anyway, eventually in a lot of cases. People seem to be content buying at our inflated retail prices because stock appears to move quite well, at least from what I`ve seen over the years. Some more than others obviously, but if they leave the sets on the shelf long enough, most will leave, especially around Christmas. Just got back from shopping actually and the toy isles in several of my locations are clearly picked over well, especially the Lego, most of it at full retail. Was not like that a couple of weeks ago. Still stock, but you can tell plenty has been purchased. And it`s pretty much always been like that.