LEGOLAND FL/CA - Inventory Report/Questions

Britsnap

Two things:

1) I'm so glad you said this was Florida. I was just at the CA one and they didn't have squat, and would be raging more than a little if I had just missed a big shipment.

2) SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Why would you give out maps to a personal gold mine?

Whats wrong with reporting the gold mine after you have had your fill?

I was just there. Insane. No limits on anything. They are not owned by lego but by wizard entertainment who leased the license. That's why VIP doesn't work there. I got 2 triple e a tumbler 2 town halls 2 tower of orthanc 2 asylums and other random stuff. 10 percent off with Merlin pass too. That place is nuts. Also all the lego discovery lands or whatever are also licensed by wizard. Guy said lego started them but couldn't make money. Wizard is biggest entertainment company besides Disney

Other BP'ers have reported receiving a letter, in store, handed to them by a store manager, advising them of limits.  So, be careful about over buying there.

Two things:

1) I'm so glad you said this was Florida. I was just at the CA one and they didn't have squat, and would be raging more than a little if I had just missed a big shipment.

2) SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! Why would you give out maps to a personal gold mine?

California one can be very good for finding stuff.  I was able to bring home two SSDs the day before Thanksgiving.  And other than a brief appearance for one day in August, they haven't been there since before the retirement.

They've been hit hard the last couple weeks - there was an employee only sale (50% off everything), and then 9 days of Annual Passholder sales (20% off of everything).  They've been decimated right now.

I was just there. Insane. No limits on anything. They are not owned by lego but by wizard entertainment who leased the license. That's why VIP doesn't work there. I got 2 triple e a tumbler 2 town halls 2 tower of orthanc 2 asylums and other random stuff. 10 percent off with Merlin pass too. That place is nuts. Also all the lego discovery lands or whatever are also licensed by wizard. Guy said lego started them but couldn't make money. Wizard is biggest entertainment company besides Disney

LL ban hammer coming :)   See my thread on the same thing, I got questioned when buying 4 sets,  they do watch so be careful!

They can and will limit if they notice you. Mainly 1 manager that does.  The others want to sell you the park but like Alpine said be careful.  Buy a set or 2 here and there per visit.  I bought a friend a pass and he bought 8 sets the first day.  Went back a few days later and bought 3 more and then tried to buy more at another store and the manager got him.  They will always have the good sets.  They specifically advertise in the FL area and on there FB page that you can get rare and retired sets there so they want to keep them in the park for everyone so they will limit to protect that image.  

I warned him beforehand not to buy to much but guess he didn't believe me.  So he got his papers on visit 2.  

• 2 weeks later...

That's a tough one, last time I was there they had some TH but all the bottoms and corners of the boxes were smooshed up so I picked up the last two good ones in the park, no HH, SSD or Camels left which was reported as being in stock by another member,  depends what your looking for really?  I think it's a bit hit or miss, I live 30mins away and visit often and normally come away with something but the way I was treated on my last visit and watched last time makes me nervous to buy anything.    Personally if I was taking the family for a day it would be worth it but a six hour round trip is a long way just to pick up a couple of items because anymore and they will give you your warning papers!

or I could be saying all this just to keep you away from my secret stash :)     No seriously though make it worth your while!

We are in Jacksonville and driving to Orlando. So really, it's just a little out of the way. All I'm looking for is one town hall or r2. This isn't a Brickpicker mission.

On a side note, it looks like there are multiple stores within the park. With only an hour to shop, should I direct myself one way or the other?

You might get an R2 as they did have some still, TH not sure about unless they had new stock.  If your only buying two then hit all of the stores as you shouldn't have any issues, they spread stuff around pretty well, they have a superhero's store, friends store and a hard to find type store, the "big one" has a bit of everything and sells all types of merch.   

• Like 1

Do you have to pay to get into the stores? Or is that why you get the annual pass thingy to get the discount & cover admission?

-thanks,

Not sure if it's the same as Legoland California.  But, at LLCA, you can get an annual pass.  The AP gets you a 10% discount on all merchandise, and free parking.

If you don't go that route, you can buy a ticket at the ticket booth, and if you leave within an hour, they will refund your ticket price (it's a shopper pass).  No discount if you do that.  But, if you spend at least $20, you get your $15 parking fee refunded as well.

Well. It's been picked clean. Nothing of interest left. Cool place, though.

crap. got all excited. came to this thread to see what was seen down there as I'm going on a family trip to Legoland FL in a couple of weeks.

perhaps some more stock will have surfaced.

Just to update this, went to LL Fl yesterday and boy what a huge disappointment, no eol sets anywhere, even TB and other exclusives had gone, think TRU would have had more sets available , the Xmas hard to find shop shut down too. Good while it lasted I guess! Walked out with nothing...kids had a good time though!

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Brickpicker mobile app

Legoland FL was a blast today, but crowded.

What i saw set wise:

There are series 1 black mixels in minifig market.

Summer Riding Camp in friends store.

There were (2) Slaves 10% off in discount store (damaged boxes).

Very limited exclusives.

Store by driving school had cargo trains and high speed passenger trains.

No notable sales except small seasonal sets in big shop.

Legoland FL was a blast today, but crowded.

What i saw set wise:

There are series 1 black mixels in minifig market.

Summer Riding Camp in friends store.

There were (2) Slaves 10% off in discount store (damaged boxes).

Very limited exclusives.

Store by driving school had cargo trains and high speed passenger trains.

No notable sales except small seasonal sets in big shop.

Did you take the Summer Riding Camp?