41055 - Cinderella's Romantic Castle

jaisonline

Now at amazon for 59.95, back ordered until Dec 10th.

The flip that flopped  :cry:

I am disappointed that this set hasn't done better. I am sitting on 8 which is a lot for me. I though for sure this was the clear winner for Christmas flip. The only salvation will be if it goes EOL early next year. I know I will be able to make my money eventually. I just hope it's not 2-3 years from now.

Guest TabbyBoy

Except Summer Riding Camp. that's the one that should have been hoarded...

Not doing that well in the UK.  The best Friends performer so far was flipping the Dolphin Cruiser last year for

Edited by TabbyBoy

It is the Frozen / Elsa effect where 1 character / theme / movie becomes so popular it canibalizes the rest of the Disney princess line.

There is Cinderella movie on a horizon, but given the trailer, i would not hold my breath... Just basic retelling of the same plot. Disney should have though of some sort of of Cinderella Untold, i.e. alternative plot, or same story but from different viewpoint

There is Cinderella movie on a horizon, but given the trailer, i would not hold my breath... Just basic retelling of the same plot. Disney should have though of some sort of of Cinderella Untold, i.e. alternative plot, or same story but from different viewpoint

It will do better AFTER the movie is out. But as far as Christmas 2014 QF (since people compared this to DC), it is a big thumbs down

Edited by Darth_Raichu

• 2 months later...

I recently bought some of these from Amazon UK. Something weird caught my eye: none of the boxes has set name!!!!

Only age range (6 - 12), set number and that's it!

No set name, not piece count, no "Building Toy blah blah...".

Is that normal?

BTW seller was Amazon, not third party.

Edited by legone

I recently bought some of these from Amazon UK. Something weird caught my eye: none of the boxes has set name!!!!

Only age range (6 - 12), set number and that's it!

No set name, not piece count, no "Building Toy blah blah...".

Is that normal?

BTW seller was Amazon, not third party.

Totally normal for EU boxes. I order from amazon.co.uk all the time and it has always been like that (at least since I've been buying/importing Lego). So far no one has complained when I've sold them in North America.

I picked up a bunch of stuff a couple weeks back from amazon UK - only one was dinged with import fees and the rest arrived free of any duties. I was overjoyed, as I wasn't able to get the Romantic Castle any cheaper in Canada prior to this sale.

I feel better now, thanks! Before, I thought only piece count is missing.

But your answer leads to another question: do they charge import tax on your credit card? Does it show in your Amazon account?

TIA.

You are in the States, so it might differ, but sometimes I am charged a COD fee that is an import fee. For me in Ontario I think it is usually 13% of the declared value (I generally don't check it all that closely...might be off by a bit). If I'm particularly cranky I dispute the charge with amazon.co.uk, because CanadaPost delivers without import/brokerage fees literally all the time while other carriers are 50/50. Thus far amazon UK has refunded the fees every single time. Maybe like ten times total over the last three years.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...