Jump to content

Speculate which recently retiring set will be the first to hit 5x RRP?

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, tractorboy said:

I could maybe see someone pay 5xRRP for 75030 MF microfighter in the near future.

Yup, you´ve nailed it there. Gets my vote too.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/3/2016 at 4:51 AM, tractorboy said:

I could maybe see someone pay 5xRRP for 75030 MF microfighter in the near future.

What would be a good price for someone to still get into that set for?  Seems they are all over $20 now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Won't be a boxed set, probably a figure. If I had to guess, Maleficent from Disney would be worth a shot. Fantastic figure, iconic character, short shelf life run. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I'm going with Lincoln Memorial from the recent rashes of retirements.

WOOHOO! Good thing I stocked up on three of those.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, when Disney series 2 gets released, probably later this year at a guess, let's see where a sealed box of series 1 goes/is. I think these will end up very sought after. I wouldn't be surprised if its similar to Team GB. One general rule I have noticed with collecting a wide array of stuff over the years, 'series 1 is king'.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest TabbyBoy
1 hour ago, fossilrock said:

I'm going with Lincoln Memorial from the recent rashes of retirements.

I hope you're right as I went in H-U-G-E so that I can pair them with every White House I have which is at least 10 ;-)

It can't be 75111 Darth Vader as he's not retired yet! Shame as he's the most famous SciFi villain of them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, TabbyBoy said:

I hope you're right as I went in H-U-G-E so that I can pair them with every White House I have which is at least 10 ;-)

It can't be 75111 Darth Vader as he's not retired yet! Shame as he's the most famous SciFi villain of them all.

There is a gazillion on bricklink for £20-25. What was the rrp on this? I like the building itself, but as a set it's a bit dull.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Lordoflego said:

Title needs a change:

"will there be even one set that reaches 5 x RRP"

or

"why recently retired sets don't reach 3x RRP anymore?"

I am tempted to answer both, but I won´t.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, exciter1 said:

60113 - City: Rally Car

I sure hope so. Kmart sent me 40 of these after your postings about the City Monster Truck blowing up on FBA.

Honestly, I don't think anything released last year will reach 5x RRP in the foreseeable future. With so many low buy ins, we'll be making money with 2x and most of us will settle for that. 

Edited by pete411
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brian Briggs said:

Does this elephant toy have a name? It doesn't look like Max Rebo.

It´s Ty´s  Advanced Prototype.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pete411 said:

I sure hope so. Kmart sent me 40 of these after your postings about the City Monster Truck blowing up on FBA.

Honestly, I don't think anything released last year will reach 5x RRP in the foreseeable future. With so many low buy ins, we'll be making money with 2x and most of us will settle for that. 

Monster Truck was doing great until Chodes R Us stepped in.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Val-E said:

 

 

4 hours ago, Brian Briggs said:

Does this elephant toy have a name? It doesn't look like Max Rebo.

 

Peanut "The Royal Blue Elephant" 

4 hours ago, pete411 said:

Honestly, I don't think anything released last year will reach 5x RRP in the foreseeable future. With so many low buy ins, we'll be making money with 2x and most of us will settle for that. 

Lincoln Memorial would be nice 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...