Speculate which recently retiring set will be the first to hit 5x RRP?

It only takes one drunken fat finger to click on buy-it now! I am guessing they added an extra 0 to the figure by mistake as other sellers have it for 12.99 GBP or thereabouts.

Another question could be which recently retired set will not reach RRP in 5 year?. I have dibs on 70146 Chima Phoenix Temple - City Police and Fire Stations are also strong candidates due to the remake-on-retirement policy.

On 2/20/2017 at 3:03 PM, Sprocket77 said:

Those 3 for 2 sales Tesco had are going to be the ruin of us. While we got great deals out of them, we'll all be expecting a repeat and we'll spend the year turning up our noses at deals we'd previously have jumped on. What happens then if Tesco don't repeat them.

Then we'll have to have an actual business strategy

5 minutes ago, Seal Cutter said:

Then we'll have to have an actual business strategy

Perhaps an easy one.  Target sets you believe in at a price you set.  At that price, buy until you have the number you want (or run out of storage).  Set aside a "holy $hit I can't miss this price" fund in case you get opportunities like last years 3 for 2.  I take Paypal.  You're welcome.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sfcommando14 said:

Perhaps an easy one.  Target sets you believe in at a price you set.  At that price, buy until you have the number you want (or run out of storage).  Set aside a "holy $hit I can't miss this price" fund in case you get opportunities like last years 3 for 2.  I take Paypal.  You're welcome.

That sounds like overly complicated thing to do for making $1 profit per sale

• 3 weeks later...

Call me crazy but Ekimu from the last wave of Bionicles is now super rare in Europe and is up around 60 euros on Amazon for a 15 euro RRP.

I can see it reaching 5x RRP, all you need is one valued customer who wants it to complete their collection.

Edited by Val-E

15 hours ago, Val-E said:

Call me crazy but Ekimu from the last wave of Bionicles is now super rare in Europe and is up around 60 euros on Amazon for a 15 euro RRP.

I can see it reaching 5x RRP, all you need is one valued customer who wants it to complete their collection.

Asking Price on Amazon doesn't mean it really sells for that sort of money....last one sold yesterday on Ebay Germany for 15 Euros...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My wife and I went to Game Stop recently and found a treasure (10+) of Dimensions Green Arrow Polybags. The cashier said they'd been sitting there forever and wished they were gone , so we gladly obliged him :). Posted straight to ebay, and sold all for more than $20 each! Went in later to see if we could snag some more. A different guy was there, and he first tried to act like he didn't know what we were talking about. Another girl then opens the draw to reveal they still had some left (to his obvious dismay), and then he says he can only get them with a purchase. We happily buy a couple of the 50% off Dimensions fun packs (ET for $6!) and get 2 more! Immediately posted and sold!

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

My wife and I went to Game Stop recently and found a treasure (10+) of Dimensions Green Arrow Polybags. The cashier said they'd been sitting there forever and wished they were gone , so we gladly obliged him . Posted straight to ebay, and sold all for more than $20 each! Went in later to see if we could snag some more. A different guy was there, and he first tried to act like he didn't know what we were talking about. Another girl then opens the draw to reveal they still had some left (to his obvious dismay), and then he says he can only get them with a purchase. We happily buy a couple of the 50% off Dimensions fun packs (ET for $6!) and get 2 more! Immediately posted and sold!

I love reading stories like this. Nice score!

You: Hey, do you guys carry free money?
Guy: I have $200 here, will that do?
You: I'll take it!
Guy: Thanks, come again.
  • Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

How about a real set reaching 5x RRP, I mean something in a box with proper seals? All these tiny sets are just pocket money snd time consuming TBH.

No, I can't think of one either! Was Mars Rover (a PROPER exclusive) the last one do do this?

3x RRP makes more sense now in the new era as you'll still double your investment after fees and tax.

On 3/12/2014 at 4:46 PM, Ciglione said:

If there is one set that will reach 5 x RRP it will be...

the Tumbler

Why?

1. Not easy to hoard

2. High pricepoint

3. Batman

4. Iconic and legendary vehicle

5. do I need to continue?

Furthermore I think TH and HH will do good. SSD (wish I bought more!) is already doing good.

Outsiders: ToO, R2-D2 and AA

Gotta love revisiting some of the earlier predictions in this thread. Can´t believe I also said ToO!

Ninjago 70503 Golden Dragon with RRP 30 euros is currently selling for 3x RRP on Ebay and you won´t find a new one on any European Amazon for less than 150, so that would be a serious candidate for a proper, non exclusive set with a normal 2 year shelf life.

60060 logging truck, 75030 Falcon and 60064 Arctic Plane, 75920 Raptor Escape (exclusive) are in the same range.

Funny how some sets from turdy themes have made the cut above more obvious examples.