75095 - UCS: TIE Fighter

NZ-EUG

Mod note : I made this it's own thread than use the 2015 Star Wars one. 

If the rumor is true, we can always update this one to be the official thread for the set.

We should hear something official by the 2015 NY Toy Show.

here is the rumor.  maybe someone from our community has heard something like with the Tumbler and Slave 1 sets  :)

http://www.thebrickfan.com/the-next-lego-star-wars-ucs-set-is-a-tie/

- cites -

http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=98085&st=2275#entry2033600

"The rumor mill has started up as we start to speculate what exclusive sets could be coming out in 2015. Earlier, we reported that the LEGO The Simpsons line would be getting another set.

Cavegod over on Eurobricks is reporting that we would be seeing a new LEGO Star Wars Ultimate Collector

Edited by jaisonline
updated title and description

I hope so. would continue with the stellar set of UCS sets as of late.

I like General grievous honestly, but a lot of people would argue they weren't looking to good as you had:

Grievous, obi wans fighter, over-priced (but awesome) B-wing, and then a remake... in between some definite good sets like R2, SSD, Shuttle.

Still, it was starting to look like not everyone is a hit. Then (and yes some of these aren't technically UCS, but I am looping in big sets)

Sandcrawler, UCS Slave 1, and now the rumored Tie Fighter... things maybe looking up?

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm definitely going for the Slave 1 and the TIE.

Did anyone see Antiques Roadshow yesterday?  A rare TIE flighter pilot's mask used in the movies was valued at

It wouldn't surprise me. To me the TIE Fighter is one the iconic SW ships. Hopefully it would mean we won't see a smaller remake of 9492 anytime soon, which I have a few of stashed away.

side note:  we'll prob see a Rebels version of the 9492 w/in 1 year.  that ship is getting ample screen time on the show..

Star Wars UCS sets 2015 according to my insider Lego source leaked this information to me.

75060 UCS Slave 1 Released April/October retail price $350 New Zealand dollars

75095 UCS Tie Fighter Released September retail price $400 New Zealand dollars

I'm going to disagree with your source. According to Lego LEGO Shop at Home, the UCS Slave will be released on January 1st 2015. My guess is that the UCS TIE Fighter will be released at the beginning on August 2015.

• 1 month later...

Yet another Tie Fighter? TLG won't stop until there are 1,100 different variants on this set.

However... this could be mis-informed information.

NEVER TRUST THE DUTCH.

I quote that straight from Austin Powers, and the bible. It's somewhere towards the back, if I recall; perhaps in the index.

But really? How many Tie Fighters do we need?

• Like 2

I believe the overall success and appeal of the SSD is proof enough that Lego and Star Wars fans like diversity in their large sets.

If we get yet another Tie Fighter, I will need to add an extra room to my house which is solely committed to the Lego Tie Fighter display. A bit much, really.