70809 - Lord Business' Evil Lair

Jules_K

I haven't seen much discussion about this set, I guess it falls under the general discussion of "will Lego Movie sets perform well".

I think this set has a lot going for it, with 4 exclusive mini-figures, Vitruvius (who is only available elsewhere in the Sea Cow) and Lord Business in his full evil attire.

What are other peoples thoughts on this set? How long do people think this first wave of Lego Movie sets will stay in stores for?

I haven't seen much discussion about this set, I guess it falls under the general discussion of "will Lego Movie sets perform well".

I think this set has a lot going for it, with 4 exclusive mini-figures, Vitruvius (who is only available elsewhere in the Sea Cow) and Lord Business in his full evil attire.

What are other peoples thoughts on this set? How long do people think this first wave of Lego Movie sets will stay in stores for?

I have a sneaking suspicion that TRU have picked this set up as their exclusive, I was in my local a couple of days ago and seen about 15 of these, whilst everything else was picked to the bone, these stood still (not sure if they did a restock prior to arriving). 

I love Lord Business, who my wife thinks that I am the embodiment of, so hopefully this will go fantastic :)

In my area the movie sets are starting to dry up (probably because I'm buying most of them). If you are near a shopko, they have started to clearance this theme. If you plan your purchases correctly and stack them with a $10 off $50 coupon or a 15% senior discount they can be had for between 40-50% off. I'm sure walmart and target won't be far behind as far as discounting this theme. Shop at home currently has a few sets at 20% off.

When these sets first came out I wasn't too excited about them, but they have grown on me. When the next movie comes out I think these will be in demand, especially if they are not available any more. I plan on selling mine in bundles.

The lair isn't talked about much, but I think is a sleeper for the reasons mentioned in the OP. Metalbeards Duel is another one that should do well if bought at a discount.

In my area the movie sets are starting to dry up (probably because I'm buying most of them). If you are near a shopko, they have started to clearance this theme. If you plan your purchases correctly and stack them with a $10 off $50 coupon or a 15% senior discount they can be had for between 40-50% off. I'm sure walmart and target won't be far behind as far as discounting this theme. Shop at home currently has a few sets at 20% off.

When these sets first came out I wasn't too excited about them, but they have grown on me. When the next movie comes out I think these will be in demand, especially if they are not available any more. I plan on selling mine in bundles.

The lair isn't talked about much, but I think is a sleeper for the reasons mentioned in the OP. Metalbeards Duel is another one that should do well if bought at a discount.

This set is a winner make no mistake..great figs...it'll be double msrp by the time the new movie comes out ..yes, that's a long hold.

This set is a winner make no mistake..great figs...it'll be double msrp by the time the new movie comes out ..yes, that's a long hold.

The figs make the set but the build itself is brittle. The kids destroyed it every time they played with it. Vitruvius is also coming out in one of those cheaper 2015 sets which will hurt this one a bit.

We have all the movie sets for personal collection and this was one I thought looked better on the box than built and played with.