76035 - Jokerland

jaisonline

Sounds like a Dynamic Duo Funhouse killer to me.

Time to sell?  I have some to unload myself but the classic Riddler and Harley Quinn could still help this set if the new Harley has a more modern costume.  Also an '89 Batmobile would be awesome, though hopefully not too similar to the Two-Face Chase set version.

Teen Titans!  We need Raven and Cyborg... and Deathstroke/Slade :thumbsup:

As if we need something else to curve the growth of DD Funhouse :rofl:

Cyborg is in Darkseid Invasion and Deathstroke is rumored to coming this summer (though take that with a grain of salt--maybe someone else can speak on that).

I'm interersted to see this set--if it's cool I'll get one for my own collection and incorporate my Funhouse into somehow.  Based on the descriptions so far it doesn't sound like it has a coaster, which is basically what the Funhouse is . . .

• Like 2

If all true, let's compare to Arkham.

Arkham was 129.99 brittish pounds, this is 89.99, this has 8 figures, Arkham had 8 figures.

So the figures are on par, but it's much cheaper, it's quite a nice value for figure collectors, and probably has a low piece count.

It's kind of like the FunHouse in that aspect, low pieces (380), high figures (5) for a set that was 39.99 - 49.99 USD (i think that was retail right?)

everyone is talking about arkham and funhouse but nobody talking about the batcave which seems to be in the price range of this set. 

it seems to be a funhouse "type" set but larger but comparing it to arkham which is somethign entirely different in my opinion doesnt make all that much sense. 

I think its a batcave type set comparatively to piece count but with more figs and that is why the price is higher. 

everyone is talking about arkham and funhouse but nobody talking about the batcave which seems to be in the price range of this set. 

it seems to be a funhouse "type" set but larger but comparing it to arkham which is somethign entirely different in my opinion doesnt make all that much sense. 

I think its a batcave type set comparatively to piece count but with more figs and that is why the price is higher. 

I agree that this seems like a replacement for the Batcave more than AA.  It seems very likely we'll get another Batcave in the future, but rather than rehash that immediately they're giving us a villain type base instead.

• Like 1

Don't agree with the panic.  As awesome as the Jokerland set sounds, I don't see it as a Funhouse killer.  What if it doesn't have the same Harley.  What if it does make a good partner with the Funhouse.  Just hold.  Be patient.  I thought that was the plan.  Sure some people like to flip, and I do as well, but sets like the Funhouse, it's barely had time to appreciate.  Not to mention the Funhouse and Jokerland are completely different price points.  Think positive, be patient and hold.  Selling now in panic and forcing everyone to undercut does no good for anyone.  There will always be collectors and they will need everything related. I think the Funhouse is a cool set.  $40 retail for 5 great mini figs was excellent.  Just my 2 cents.  

Edited by DenJ91

Don't agree with the panic.  As awesome as the Jokerland set sounds, I don't see it as a Funhouse killer.  What if it doesn't have the same Harley.  What if it does make a good partner with the Funhouse.  Just hold.  Be patient.  I thought that was the plan.  Sure some people like to flip, and I do as well, but sets like the Funhouse, it's barely had time to appreciate.  Not to mention the Funhouse and Jokerland are completely different price points.  Think positive, be patient and hold.  Selling now in panic and forcing everyone to undercut does no good for anyone.  There will always be collectors and they will need everything related. I think the Funhouse is a cool set.  $40 retail for 5 great mini figs was excellent.  Just my 2 cents.  

Problem is this set essentially puts a cap on what the Funhouse can do.  If it's bigger, has the same figures +, is generally the same set theme, folks are going to grab this at retail over buying an overpriced Funhouse that has less pieces, figures, and features.  It may not be a killer, but it will do a very good job as a dampener.  I have only a couple Funhouses, so I'm not panicking, but I'd be pretty frustrated had I put a ton of eggs into the Funhouse basket. 

Personally, I see the Funhouse as going along with this set. At $120ish and a bunch of minifigures, these rides aren't going to be very large. The entrance with Joker head will likely be the biggest single component. Probably a lot like the WVM with a large centerpiece and less detailed, smaller rides and games. The Funhouse seems like something you'd want to have with it.

Personally, I see the Funhouse as going along with this set. At $120ish and a bunch of minifigures, these rides aren't going to be very large. The entrance with Joker head will likely be the biggest single component. Probably a lot like the WVM with a large centerpiece and less detailed, smaller rides and games. The Funhouse seems like something you'd want to have with it.

I am regretting never getting a Funhouse right now.  Regret started as soon as I read your post.

yeah the reviews from the UK toy show sound great.

apline you better get to trading so you'll be ready when the new set comes out.

Yep.  As much as I was *meh* about the Funhouse before, I better get cracking on getting one now.

I don't even care about the minifigs, I just want the set.  Better start looking...

• 4 weeks later...

Like it, but don't love it yet.  Beast Boy and Starfire are nice figures (but I'm not sure they'll remain exclusive).....but the others have all readily been available in various recent sets.  I like the 1000+ pieces as well, but don't love that they gave us ANOTHER Batmobile whose piece count could have added another layout to the playset.