76035 - Jokerland

jaisonline

For the piece count I think they`ve included a lot of innovative details. This is what I like to see from Lego, they`re going out of there way to make the sets better. Trying to include more unique details. They don`t need to hit the mark every single time, but it`s great to visually see that more effort has been put into a product. This is really good for the price point, lots of great colours and pieces as well as like I said, little details. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Personally I don't like it. Looks like a total mess to me. Many small components all over the place, no "main building". I mean the set's cover photo looks cool, but the actual set... just not my cup of tea. This one will probabaly land in my personal "Biggest INVESTMENT Losers of 2015" top 5.

Edited by rfish
  • Like 2

Personally I don't like it. Looks like a total mess to me. Many small components all over the place, no "main building". I mean the set's cover photo looks cool, but the actual set... just not my cup of tea. This one will probabaly land in my personal "Biggest INVESTMENT Losers of 2015" top 5.

​I already started to wonder if I'm the only one here who finds this set disappointing ;-)

I've seen a video review and nothing on this set really speaks to me. Even the minifigures are "meh"... Not that there are no great ones! But most of them are not so great and have been in so many other sets already.

The set itself lacks the special magical something...

The design is average but due to the many small items it's a little bit less to me.

Even though for playability it will be a big winner, maybe just doesn't speak to me as AFOL...

guys, another rule for investors .... dont let your your personal feelings of a set  shadow its investment potential.  

dont need to buy 40 of these ... add 5 to your stock to diversify it ... if it tanks, youve got only 5 to deal with ... if it flys, then youll wish you had more ... 

• Like 3

I love the classic Robin minifigure and the inclusion of Beast Boy and Starfire to help fill out the Teen Titans roster.  I wish they had spent some more time on the Batmobile design as it's clearly the 1989 Tim Burton version, but the effort fell a bit short here.

guys, another rule for investors .... dont let your your personal feelings of a set  shadow its investment potential.  

dont need to buy 40 of these ... add 5 to your stock to diversify it ... if it tanks, youve got only 5 to deal with ... if it flys, then youll wish you had more ... 

​Europeans (like me) can skip it right away. No need to stock up any for "if it takes off" - in Europe it simply won't. And even for the US it's hard to imagine. Imo this has written a big "100% play set" investor's warning all over it, so don't be too surprised if it turns out to be a ROI disappointment in a few years. As long as it's not a UCS Death Star I would avoid play set-style things like this here Jokerland almost any time. Diversification is a good thing, of course. But that does not mean diversifying into ANY set you come across. I'd rather diversify into Jurassic World Indominus Rex instead for about the same money.

• Like 1

​don't need to buy even 1 of these ^.^

my personal feeling tell me that if I buy sets that won't sell I should at least be happy with them if I have to build them myself and add them to my collection ;-)

(Or use them as birthday/christmas presents in the future).

With R2D2 I know it to be true! I searched my feelings ^.^

Why is there so much hate for the funhouse?  I have sold 5 now and have doubled my money after fees and shipping.  I never get that return in the stock market.  Heck if I get 8% I am a happy kid at the end of the year.  Too many peoples expectations are absurd.  If you own your home would you be upset if the value doubled?  I assume for most this is not the be all to get rich and retire on your tropical island, but more fun or even a way to offset buying for self or our children.  

I

Why is there so much hate for the funhouse?  I have sold 5 now and have doubled my money after fees and shipping.  I never get that return in the stock market.  Heck if I get 8% I am a happy kid at the end of the year.  Too many peoples expectations are absurd.  If you own your home would you be upset if the value doubled?  I assume for most this is not the be all to get rich and retire on your tropical island, but more fun or even a way to offset buying for self or our children.  

I

​It's not about hate for this set. You misunderstood that.

But why should we all like it? I just don't. And that's fine (isn't it?!?!?!)

Investmentwise I also don't think that it will be the next homerun. So I'd prefer to put my money on other sets. (As do others).

The forum is for discussion and exchange, so how fun would it be if everybody just went: "Yeah great set! Buy buy buy!"

The mixed emotions also reflect the potential of this set. There are some sets where almost everybody here is "this is awesome!" and others where we have rather mixed emotions... and then there are others that nobody speaks about because nobody thinks it's any good ;-)

There have been some surprises (as well bad, as good ones...) , with LEGO Star Wars (B-Wing-Bummer...), Lone Ranger (I think a lot of folks like the sets... they actually ARE pretty awesome and unique and the minifigues are so nice too... but well... ), Fabuland, Beanie Bears.. ups wrong topic ;-)