LOTR/Hobbit sets

I really want to make sure I grab a Helm's deep before they go under. None of the other sets really scream "must have" to me though, I'm not a fan of the design of a few of them. An Unexpected Gathering is nice, but the Mines of Moria and Goblin King Battle sets look unappealing to me, I guess because of the "open layout" style they went with. This seems more conducive to play, but not as appealing appearance-wise.

I really want to make sure I grab a Helm's deep before they go under. None of the other sets really scream "must have" to me though, I'm not a fan of the design of a few of them. An Unexpected Gathering is nice, but the Mines of Moria and Goblin King Battle sets look unappealing to me, I guess because of the "open layout" style they went with. This seems more conducive to play, but not as appealing appearance-wise.

exactly why Mines of Moria will do better CAGR wise imo....

or atleast very similar. to helm's Deep...

everyone bought a few Helms Deep... but only a ''few'' stocked on Mines or even Goblin king etc

Yeah, supply and demand at work. Mines and Goblin King will probably have less demand than Helm's Deep, but there will be less supply as people have stocked up on Helm's Deep a lot more than Mines and Goblin King. Will be interesting to see which comes out the winner over the long term.

Yeah, supply and demand at work. Mines and Goblin King will probably have less demand than Helm's Deep, but there will be less supply as people have stocked up on Helm's Deep a lot more than Mines and Goblin King. Will be interesting to see which comes out the winner over the long term.

And the Oscar goes to....

MINES OF MORIA!

Good points being made, I sometimes forget I am primarily talking to investors on here, when I am 1st and foremost a "builder". I typically buy sets based upon visual appeal 1st and collectibility second. I may not ever get an Attack on Weathertop set for that reason, even though it is supposedly retired now, I just wasn't a big fan of the design.

• 2 weeks later...

Im expecting the Hobbit/LOTR series to be a big winner. The Starwars sets are WAY oversold, they releasing new sets constantly to the point where no one could afford to collect them all, even if they had the money they would need darn near a warehouse to display them all. The LOTR series will be much smaller, more manageable and the first of the sets are already beginning to be retired, reassuring as no one wants to get stuck with an investment disaster like the death star. In general i think it is being overlooked and investors would look back and wonder how they missed out on such a obvious investment.