10248 - Ferrari F40

Val-E

It would appear the 2015 GWP list has mysteriously disappeared from this site - more like locked out to only admins.  What I find interesting about the list is TLG did not fill a gap with the Horizon Express and Sopwith Camel departing the marketplace.  We've got a high end Ferrari that will now compete with the Mini Cooper.  We've got some decent all-in-one trains (Passenger and Cargo) but not a serious Creator set ala Emerald Night and Maersk.  For us enthusiasts of airborne platforms the only set we've got to work with is the current Technic Cargo Plane.  Somebody speculated a Red Barron-esque biplane would be nice to complement the SC. (Forgive me for positing here - feel free to suggest a new forum to discuss).  What is that A155 set all about?

For what it is worth... I had a sneak peak of the new 2015 business catalogue a couple of weeks ago. What I saw in there was just awesome. Especially the cars. For what I can still remember... I saw a Porsche 911, some Ferrari's, Pirate ships, etc. It was all classified and confidential. Unfortunately I could not make pictures or make a copy of the catalogue. Maybe Emazers can help us on this one. If he is allowed to do it offcourse.

For what it is worth... I had a sneak peak of the new 2015 business catalogue a couple of weeks ago. What I saw in there was just awesome. Especially the cars. For what I can still remember... I saw a Porsche 911, some Ferrari's, Pirate ships, etc. It was all classified and confidential. Unfortunately I could not make pictures or make a copy of the catalogue. Maybe Emazers can help us on this one. If he is allowed to do it offcourse.

Was it the German 2015 Lego catalogue? I think Orc King posted it last week.

http://catalogs.lego.com/BrandCatalog/de_de/1HY2015/

mini Mini Cooper is 40109 and mini VW bus is 40079.

If you're talking about the full size vehicles I agree, the numbering lines up with it being a large scale vehicle.

The Mini Cooper is the full size vehicle. The 40109 is the Mini Mini Cooper, or Micro Cooper. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

It's long long overdue to make a nice proper sports car out of Lego. So far we only had mid-range technic sets of cars which always leave a lot to be desired. Bad a** Technic sets are only lorries and cranes and trucks, but not cars which is quite disappointing and underwhelming! I want 3000 piece proper awesome car to build and display! Something as detailed and challenging as the Technic & Expert combined together.

The Mini and the VW Camper are not petrol head's sets, they're nice and cute and provoke sentimental memories of the great old times, but they're not what the boys into cars want!

Guest TabbyBoy

All I have heard so far is that the F40 will be a Creator Advanced 16+ set and not Technic (thank God!) to be released towards the end of July.  If one set could out perform the 10187 VW Beetle (investment not 0-60), this could be it.  I just have to have one of these sets as I drove the real thing around Thruxton during a track day before driving a Lambo LP670-4 SV.  It was a pig to drive being LHD and with offset pedals, a bit like the old 355 but, went like stink!

I want one and I want it now!

I want to order 99 from LEGO Shop at Home and want to order them now!

"Sold Out" within mnutes on day of release?

My ears just propped up reading this.  Seriously Lego???? Are you trying to bankrupt me????  Just when I think I might get a break from buying so many awesome sets.... you go and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!!

It's already been a good start to the year.  Detective's Office, Slave 1.  And then rumors of a new UCS Tie Fighter, this, and who knows what other nice big set they release.

This will definitely be a must have day 1!

All I have heard so far is that the F40 will be a Creator Advanced 16+ set and not Technic (thank God!) to be released towards the end of July.  If one set could out perform the 10187 VW Beetle (investment not 0-60), this could be it.  I just have to have one of these sets as I drove the real thing around Thruxton during a track day before driving a Lambo LP670-4 SV.  It was a pig to drive being LHD and with offset pedals, a bit like the old 355 but, went like stink!

I want one and I want it now!

I want to order 99 from LEGO Shop at Home and want to order them now!

"Sold Out" within mnutes on day of release?

Tell me about it! I'll harvest them all....this thing will have a huge potential. Not to mention it is a car that every Ferrari collector and petrol head wants to have! 

My ears just propped up reading this.  Seriously Lego???? Are you trying to bankrupt me????  Just when I think I might get a break from buying so many awesome sets.... you go and TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!!!!

It's already been a good start to the year.  Detective's Office, Slave 1.  And then rumors of a new UCS Tie Fighter, this, and who knows what other nice big set they release.

This will definitely be a must have day 1!

Same here...so many UCS and Exclusive sets...it's difficult, almost impossible to resist. And if you're in this game for real, you must have them all. Let alone from the perspective as a lego fan! :)

Yup, unitig two of the world

I can't wait for this set, as others have said already in respect to all of the sets coming out this year, our wallets will take a big (and welcome?) hit this year.  Detective Agency, Slave I, UCS Helicarrier, Ferrari, Tie Fighter, Ferris Wheel, and Kwok-E Mart, not to mention the ones I have forgotten to mention or haven't been announced yet (Hoth Base, Millennium Falcon).  Start saving now.

• Like 1