10248 - Ferrari F40

Val-E

I can't wait for this set, as others have said already in respect to all of the sets coming out this year, our wallets will take a big (and welcome?) hit this year.  Detective Agency, Slave I, UCS Helicarrier, Ferrari, Tie Fighter, Ferris Wheel, and Kwok-E Mart, not to mention the ones I have forgotten to mention or haven't been announced yet (Hoth Base, Millennium Falcon).  Start saving now.

Saving money???? What is that??? Since I started this "hobby" last year I haven't saved a penny anymore. 

• Like 2

Guest TabbyBoy

I'm working out how many LEGO stores I can hit on the day of release for non-VIP cash purchases as I can see this baby being released with a limit of 1 per household (or per street!).

Tell me about it! I'll harvest them all....this thing will have a huge potential. Not to mention it is a car that every Ferrari collector and petrol head wants to have! 

Same here...so many UCS and Exclusive sets...it's difficult, almost impossible to resist. And if you're in this game for real, you must have them all. Let alone from the perspective as a lego fan! :)

Ferrari easily sells

• Like 1

Hannibal - 

I would not say these amalgam models are easy sells - most of their models are bought by Ferrari and given to customers as gifts for buying the car. - these models in general are very poorly built and detailed. I base my findings in terms of seeing hundreds of these models and knowing many in the owners community.

I didnt quite compare Amalgam to Lego as a business or for investment purposes. It would be stupid to do so, excuse me if i did mislead you. All i was trying to say was that this model will be extremely popular not only in the usual places, where we've seen lego being sold but in other stores where more premium car collector's items are sold too. People born with the silver spoon in their mouth like Lego too....

As with Amalgam. First of all they're all hand made. Second, some areas in the die cast indeed are not as precise but its a moulding process after all, but nevertheless there are areas and details where models look uber real! Saying they are poor quality is quite funny actually, you're probably talking of smth else...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I think this is a missed opportunity. I do understand it's targeted for the masses, hence must be cheaper and that drives the number of parts and complexity. But the super annoying thing is that we're yet to see a proper nice car in the creator lineup to satisfy the petrol heads who love Lego too. I want a nice UCS Cretor set of a car...sports car of course, you hear the LEGO, I am talking to you!!!! 

This should have been 2500+ pieces set with much more details. F40 is an absolute icon and compromised set like this just doesn't make it justice. I guess it's another present for little Johnny from his grandma....

• Like 1

I think this is a missed opportunity. I do understand it's targeted for the masses, hence must be cheaper and that drives the number of parts and complexity. But the super annoying thing is that we're yet to see a proper nice car in the creator lineup to satisfy the petrol heads who love Lego too. I want a nice UCS Cretor set of a car...sports car of course, you hear the LEGO, I am talking to you!!!! 

This should have been 2500+ pieces set with much more details. F40 is an absolute icon and compromised set like this just doesn't make it justice. I guess it's another present for little Johnny from his grandma....

I think this is my exact problem with it. Just hoped for more

I have to be honoust. When I look at the box I think great! But when I see the picture of it build I am disappointed. People were complaining about the Delorean. I think this one has the same issues. This also makes the VW T1 stand out.

The Technic 24 hours Le Mans 42039 is the one I love most. I saw it build in real life and it is absolutely wonderful!

Edited by Ciglione

I was looking forward to this set very much, but I am very disappointed. It looks like classic creator set, not exclusive expert set. Too simple, too rough, the roof and the bonnet should be more detailed. They should add 300-400 more pieces to make it detailed. Really dont undertand, why spare pieces in exclusive sets - if they decided to make a expert set, then they should put there 1500-2000 pieces (still less then in modular sets). People would pay rather 130 eur for more detailed set with 1500-1600 pieces...

Cannot compare with VW or minicooper.

according to http://brickset.com/article/15596/ferrari-f40 lego has asked not to display images before 13:00 BST, so we will likely get some official details shortly.

and its official:

The LEGO Ferrari F40 is 8 cm tall, 27 cm long and 14 cm wide and will be available mid July to VIPs, 1st August to everyone else at a cost of US$89.99, €89.99, £69.99, DKK 799.

Edited by jay4e