75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

There is a rumored UCS Hoth Echo Base possibly being released in October 2015:  http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-hoth-echo-base-coming-2015/

I'm having trouble imagining exactly what this would look like for it to have the features of the base but also fit into the mold of UCS sets being very 'complete' models. In other words, is a sprawling playset really suitable for this type of set?

I also wonder if this will be the nail in the coffin for the Death Star.

There is a rumored UCS Hot Echo Base possibly being released in October 2015:  http://www.groovebricks.com/lego-star-wars-ucs-hoth-echo-base-coming-2015/

I'm having trouble imagining exactly what this would look like for it to have the features of the base but also fit into the mold of UCS sets being very 'complete' models. In other words, is a sprawling playset really suitable for this type of set?

I also wonder if this will be the nail in the coffin for the Death Star.

A big hanger, for the new UCS ESB Millennium Falcon to place inside.  New Chewie minifig with torch and goggles.

Assuming it's along the lines of 10188, I wonder if they'll do the hanger and include a MIDI scale MF like Death Star had TIE Advanced.  I don't see how they do a hanger any other way.  A hanger that would contain a playset scale MF would be huge and dumb. 

Also, the original list doesn't say it's a UCS, it's only inferred because it's the 2nd SW release of the year in D2C form.  Color me not convinced yet.

Assuming it's along the lines of 10188, I wonder if they'll do the hanger and include a MIDI scale MF like Death Star had TIE Advanced.  I don't see how they do a hanger any other way.  A hanger that would contain a playset scale MF would be huge and dumb. 

Also, the original list doesn't say it's a UCS, it's only inferred because it's the 2nd SW release of the year in D2C form.  Color me not convinced yet.

Huge and dumb is what I do. :P

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

More info from The Brick Fan.

More LEGO Star Wars UCS Assault on Hoth (75098) Details

LEGO Star Wars Hoth Echo Base

A few months ago, I posted some details about the upcoming LEGO Star Wars Hoth Echo Base including the set number of 75098 with a recommended retail price of $249.99 which was found over on Brickset.

I have some more details about the set from a very reliable source. The set is actually called the Assault on Hoth (75098) and it will be a Ultimate Collector Series set. Pretty much everything that was shown in the mini movie will be in the set minus the AT-ATs. You can see some of the stuff in the screenshots I took above and below. Han is also shown riding the Tauntaun as well as a small Wampa cave with the Wampa bigfig and Luke hanging out.

Finally as far as the release date? I’m not sure about that but I was told that it would be released in August for New Zealand so I’m guessing it might be a May the 4th set since LEGO has traditionally released UCS sets around that time.

LEGO Star Wars Hoth Echo Base

530 6 0Share0 564

Looks like I finally have a reason to sell my cool Wampa Cave set finally... My son had the Wampa MaxiFig living in the 10228 Haunted House this past Halloweeen.

honstly, I do think most older Hoth sets (even the various AT-AT sets) will integratate nicely with this UCS set.  The 7666 Hoth (just the door set) prob can be forgotten despite the exclusive white C3PO-like minifig.

17 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

If this is the actual picture of the 75098 set and it is considered a UCS set, then I am very disappointed.

I had seen this video before and rumors that it actually included a sneak peak of 75098, but kept telling myself that could not be the actual to be released set. As you, I would be EXTREMELY disappointed, especially after how nice of a set Ewok Village is. I would expect something just as good, especially for such an iconic scene.

1 hour ago, Ed Mack said:

If this is the actual picture of the 75098 set and it is considered a UCS set, then I am very disappointed.

I agree, from the image it really looks like a bundle of 3-4 sets that they have already released - I certainly wouldn't think to call that a UCS.

The Ion Cannon ball is new, but unless the base has a larger interior than it appears, $250 would seem to be extremely high. 

It could be that the set was still in the design phase - so hopefully we will end up with a larger base/interior (which could then make it a great set).

A fully enclosed base, and cave (not just the facades) would be nice.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, KShine said:

I agree, from the image it really looks like a bundle of 3-4 sets that they have already released - I certainly wouldn't think to call that a UCS.

The Ion Cannon ball is new, but unless the base has a larger interior than it appears, $250 would seem to be extremely high. 

It could be that the set was still in the design phase - so hopefully we will end up with a larger base/interior (which could then make it a great set).

A fully enclosed base, and cave (not just the facades) would be nice.

Don't forget the shield generator, but I agree, I foresee a huge flop on this one for people who have the old sets...

lego-star-wars-battle-hoth-maybe-future-set-600x254.jpg

My expectations are kinda low since I'm not a huge Hoth fan & the price point (it can't be too big for $250).

I still don't understand why Lego (like Kenner & then Hasbro) don't / didn't release more Cloud City items. It's not like nothing important happened there

My expectations for any UCS set are extremely high and LEGO usually produces a top notch set, geared towards adults. This mishmash of sets is not up to UCS standards in any way, shape or form. Also, why release a UCS set based on a 30 year old movie when the new one is being released within the same time period. Makes no sense.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

My expectations for any UCS set are extremely high and LEGO usually produces a top notch set, geared towards adults. This mishmash of sets is not up to UCS standards in any way, shape or form. Also, why release a UCS set based on a 30 year old movie when the new one is being released within the same time period. Makes no sense.

Maybe they had way too many of those white cheese pieces lying around, and needed some way to get rid of them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

The same reason they retired UCS R2 just a year before the new movie that has R2 in it.

8 minutes ago, Darth_Raichu said:

The same reason they retired UCS R2 just a year before the new movie that has R2 in it.

It can be argued that the UCS R2 was a poor seller, thus the reason for EOL.  Everyone loves him now, but many basically ignored him until right before retiring.  This rumor has been flying around LEGO forums for about a year.  Talk of an AT-AT or huge Hoth base was talked about many times and the video was released months ago.  Something just doesn't seem right to me.  I don't think it's a UCS set, and if it is a UCS set, this video is not of the set.  If this is indeed a UCS set, LEGO standards have seriously lowered in my opinion.  

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ed Mack said:

It can be argued that the UCS R2 was a poor seller, thus the reason for EOL.  Everyone loves him now, but many basically ignored him until right before retiring.  This rumor has been flying around LEGO forums for about a year.  Talk of an AT-AT or huge Hoth base was talked about many times and the video was released months ago.  Something just doesn't seem right to me.  I don't think it's a UCS set, and if it is a UCS set, this video is not of the set.  If this is indeed a UCS set, LEGO standards have seriously lowered in my opinion.  

I agree with the sentiment that if this is the UCS set, it could potentially be very disappointing.  But what I want to know though, is that this is rumored to possibly be out next May.  If that's the case, where is this years UCS set???  I know we had the Tie Fighter earlier, but they release about 2 a year or so.  So it would seem odd to omit a big UCS set for this winter.