75098 - UCS: Assault on Hoth

bricketycricket

2 hours ago, Ed Mack said:

I guess the really only thing that bothers me with this set is the possible UCS designation....and we aren't even sure that's correct. I would have zero issues with this set if they charged $200-$250 for a large play set with 15 minifigures, a few maxifigures and some vehicles. It would probably sell well. As for the UCS moniker, I am an elitist and don't like throwing that term around lightly. I really wish a UCS AT-AT would be released, instead of rehashing older versions of iconic sets like the 7191.

Once they start the UCS Deluxe Edition (with all printed pieces), using the UCS label won't seem so bad. 

12 hours ago, KShine said:

Once they start the UCS Deluxe Edition (with all printed pieces), using the UCS label won't seem so bad. 

I would pay for that.  I would also pay for a better box.  "Collector" means it should be special.  A sturdy, well designed and reusable box...similar to the Architecture boxes, would be a good start.

• Like 2

On 11/8/2015, 11:00:03, Ed Mack said:

I would pay for that.  I would also pay for a better box.  "Collector" means it should be special.  A sturdy, well designed and reusable box...similar to the Architecture boxes, would be a good start.

I would pay a few bucks more for that too, if they came in that sort of thick cardboard box.  Unfortunately, I think the opposite is happening.  I just got a Parisian Restaurant which arrived in the updated box, and it's the flimsiest cardboard yet.  Hopefully this isn't the new precedent...

1 hour ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Based on the price reported here : http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/14895-star-wars-2016/?do=findComment&comment=518636 , you are in UCS territory . 

And there is no way the images people think are the set can be it then.... That's Sandcrawler pricing.

Maybe that's just a portion of it and the rest of the set isn't part of the video. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a larger "base" behind those doors that we just don't get to see in the video.

2 hours ago, Bold-Arrow said:

Based on the price reported here : http://community.brickpicker.com/topic/14895-star-wars-2016/?do=findComment&comment=518636 , you are in UCS territory . 

Not necessarily, EV is at that price point and it's not an UCS.

34 minutes ago, gregpj said:

Maybe that's just a portion of it and the rest of the set isn't part of the video. It wouldn't surprise me if there was a larger "base" behind those doors that we just don't get to see in the video.

Actually, kinda knowing TLG, it would surprise me indeed :)

On 11/8/2015, 10:00:03, Ed Mack said:

I haven't found a box as well built or as well designed as the 21303 Wall·E.  Love the box, design, and art.  I believe all sets that are $200 or more should look to it as the benchmark for what a box can and should look like.

• Like 1

On 11/11/2015, 11:27:03, Bold-Arrow said:

Back in October, B&N.com had a placeholder for a Lego 75098 D2C set that was priced at $249.99. There were no pictures or set name, and the link has since been pulled. 

Given that the calendar last year pegged this as an October 2015 release, I wonder if this set was delayed due to a design issue or just not enough production capacity.

• 2 weeks later...
12 minutes ago, fossilrock said:

I'm starting to wonder if this is just a code word for "UCS AT-AT".  The price point sounds about right.  

I was just about to write that!! Although the price point doesn't sound right. We want a 400€/$ price point for AT-AT :)

Edited by Vinetu